Kubota L35 TLB Front wheel oil seal replacement

/ Kubota L35 TLB Front wheel oil seal replacement #1  

jleo1

Tractor
Kubota L35 TLB
Can anyone tell me where I would find the procedure to replace the oil seal on the front wheel of an L35 TLB? I am a newby to this forum stuff so I don't have a clue what I'm doing. I have oil leaking around the left front wheel of my tractor. When I go out to start it up there is oil that has run down the inside of the tire as it sat. TIA jleo1

/ Kubota L35 TLB Front wheel oil seal replacement
Thanks to both of you! Hey, what oil are you using in the front axle? Should that be in my owner's manual? TA

/ Kubota L35 TLB Front wheel oil seal replacement #5  
80W-90 gear oil

/ Kubota L35 TLB Front wheel oil seal replacement #6  
Welcome to the forum. If you go to tractorsmart.com they will e-mail you the parts manual for your tractor. It is very handy to have. Kubota uses the same hydraulic fluid for the front axle as they do for the rest of the tractor. The owners manual also say you can substitute the hydraulic fluid and use gear oil so either will work.

MarkV

/ Kubota L35 TLB Front wheel oil seal replacement #7  
I have a 2001 4x4 Kubota B7500 hydrostatic with a loader which I have replaced the front axle reduction gear cases twice because the bearings auger out the soft aluminum. I have only about 450 hrs on the machine. Once the bearings are wiggling around in the worn out case the oil seals start leaking. Obviously the engineers at the factory did not design the front axle cases to support the front end loader that they put on it. Certainly they did not design it to be used as a front end loader.
I believe the older tractors had cast iron reduction gear cases and did not have this problem. One would think that cast iron would be cheaper but I guess they decided that injection molded aluminum would be faster.

Anyhow the forward reverse pedal is now getting where it doesn't have a neutral and I'll have to run that problem down.
I have used the heck out of the little thing and pound for pound it is the most useful tractor I own. That includes a Komatsu dozer.
It is just a shame that they have a great idea and then make it so wimpy in certain areas.
John