Loader Bucket Cylinder Repair Help

/ Loader Bucket Cylinder Repair Help
I am in underhill Vt.

Thanks for all the advice. we finally hooked up the cylinders to the truck and a piece of our fence post and pulled it apart. now we can't seem to unscrew the compression nut. i think we need a special tool for that. there a re four holes in the top of the compression nut that look like they might be for a special tool to take the nut off.

I might have to call my local dealer and find out how much it will cost for them to take the cylinder apart for me. Unless anyone else has had luck getting the compression nut unscrewed.

/ Loader Bucket Cylinder Repair Help #12  
I beleive that the 4 holes are for loosening the compressin nut with a punch or equivalent. I have a 768 loader, same kind of set up and you need to BACK OFF the nut but don't take it all the way off. Otherwise you have pieces inside the tube:mad::mad: You are taking the compression off of the seals so they will come out. I have changed seals on 3 of my cylinders and I didn't have much problem. Tricky part is putting a pin thru the hose fitting like as shown in the picture that you get with the seal kit you have posted. You don't want to damage the threads. Unscrew the jamb nut like a bolt by turning the rod end with a cross bar thru the pin hole until it is loose in the bore and it should slide out. I did have some rust in the ring groove, may be making it hard to pop off. Also pay attention to which actuator you are working on because the raise and dump cylinder on mine are the SAME:confused2:but the seals go in OPPOSITE:confused2: It has been a while since I have had to do this but it wasn't to bad for me. I still have an extra set of seals waitng for the 4th cylinder to start leaking:laughing:

/ Loader Bucket Cylinder Repair Help #13  
You can put the piston in the raw vise then use the cross head with another chunk of steel to unscrew, then after file off the vise marks (they won't hurt anything)

Easy to unscrew......just remember to use loctite when reinstalling to keep piston from loosening up.....

/ Loader Bucket Cylinder Repair Help #14  
Probably a dumb question... but as someone who is thinking on redoing my own I also wondered how to pull the rod out.

Ultimately, I thought it would be easy... leave one end attached to the machine and attach a come along or something similar to the other end and "simply" ratchet it out.

Is that a viable plan or is there something wrong with that logic?

/ Loader Bucket Cylinder Repair Help #15  
Not a dumb question but every cyl has its own quirks.....Some fall apart and some need a nuclear bomb to disassemble.....:laughing:

At the very least you'll need a good anchored vise....