Hydraulic issues

/ Hydraulic issues #1  

Mike hitchcock

Tractor
Kioti ck20
So I have changed my hydraulic fluid and filter, at first I put 3 gals of fluid in and it did not work. I called a dealer they said the capacity was 5.7gals. I now have 5 gals of fluid in and still no working hydraulics. I know where the pump is and it doesn't seem to have any kind of primer.any suggestions. I have just about pulled my last hair out and as luck would have it, I can't find my manual. Help if ya can. Thanks

/ Hydraulic issues #2  
If the suction line is convenient and exposed, you could possibly crack open the suction line at the pump while applying a few lbs of compressed air to the reservoir to force prime.....it only should take a few seconds and you'll see oil come out of fitting.......

You'll need an extra pair of hands to accomplish this......:thumbsup:

/ Hydraulic issues #3  
Most systems are self-priming...what machine do you have?

/ Hydraulic issues #4  
Mike let us know what tractor you have. Also before you pull out any more hair at least fill the tractor to the proper 5.7 gallons. It has to be full to prime itself.

MarkV

/ Hydraulic issues
kennyd said:
Most systems are self-priming...what machine do you have?

A kioti ck20,thanks for the help. I have this overwhelming fear that I may have fried the pump

/ Hydraulic issues
MarkV said:
Mike let us know what tractor you have. Also before you pull out any more hair at least fill the tractor to the proper 5.7 gallons. It has to be full to prime itself.

MarkV

Will do thanks

/ Hydraulic issues #7  
G'day is the filter a spin on type if so is it tight also did the old seal come off with the filter or stay on the housing?? Once had a 120 km round trip to a massey with no hyd only to find the new hyd filter ( op fitted ) could hand tighten another half turn:( good for me not so good for owner

Jon