how do I fix this..

/ how do I fix this.. #1  

sbullin

Tractor
Massey Fergusson 35
I am relatively new to the tractor scene-I inherited an older Massey 35 last season, and up until now have done well. The gear box started making a noise last time I was mowing, and when I looked back, I could see that the part that closes around the shaft entry to the gear box had come loose or something, and I could see into the bearings. I immediately stopped-but what is this and how do I fix it? Sandra

/ how do I fix this.. #3  
Photos would help... I'm guessing we are talking about the mower's gearbox? Did the PTO shaft come off?

/ how do I fix this.. #4  
:welcome:

But post your question in the right forum for the best response. This is "member introduction" and not going to be maximum help which you deserve.

Not sure why this message doesn't come across for new members signing up. :confused3:

/ how do I fix this..
No, the shaft is still connected, and I do have pictures. How do I send them through?

/ how do I fix this.. #6  
Hi Sandra, welcome to TBN...

I'd suggest using the Parts/Repair section of this forum: Parts/Repairs - TractorByNet.com

Click on the link above, then click on the blue "new thread" button.

Once you have the editing box up, write your message and click on the paper clip (top centre of the editing box) to attach the photos.

Hope that helps a bit...

RE: the problem - is it on the tractor itself or the mower that you are talking about? :thumbsup:

/ how do I fix this.. #7  
No, the shaft is still connected, and I do have pictures. How do I send them through?
When you post a reply, scroll down a little to the Manage attachments section.... if you need more help, let us know. I asked a moderator to move the thread to parts and repairs so more people will see it...

/ how do I fix this.. #9  
Take your checkbook and trailer to TSC. Make sure you fill the new mower's gearbox to the correct level and grease the PTO shaft.:thumbsup:

/ how do I fix this.. #10  
Hello, I have moved your post to the Parts/Repairs Forum. You will have better luck finding assistance there. ;)

Thanks for joining TractorByNet.com!!!