B414 tune up

/ B414 tune up #1  

the neighbor

Tractor
I-H 330 Utility, B414, Ford 8-N
I bought an IH 414 gas tractor a coupla weeks ago, and it was in sad shape. Carb missing, dash dissassembled, (no gauges)wiring in shreds, electric fuel pump hanging by the wires. I used a small Zenith carb, poured some gas down its throat, and got it running, but I wanted to put exhaust on it, so shut it off. Now, it cranks like the timing is way off. I have done nothing to the timing. Where do I find the timing marks on this thing? Where should I go for specs? Anybody got a manual for one of these?Thanks in advance, Mike

Last edited:
   / B414 tune up #2  
Sorry can't help with your ?'s I have had my B414 for two years without any trouble so if it works do not touch it. Thought you might to see what it will look like if you do fix her up.
Bob

Attachments

• photo(2).JPG
    photo(2).JPG
    147.3 KB · Views: 946
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    162.5 KB · Views: 1,252
   / B414 tune up #3  
I had a B414 but it been sold years ago, I went and check in my garage and found the owner's manual. Actually it is the same one as the diesel manual and it as both motors in the same manual.
The timing marks are on the fan drive pulley, The distributor is correctly timed at 39 degrees, approximately 2-7/32 inches before the TDC notch.
Hope this help and if you need more infos , I will be glad to give them to you.

/ B414 tune up
Thank you! That'll get me headed in the right direction. Next time I go into town, I'll pick up an IT manual. This forum sure is handy! Thanks again, Mike