L3010 wheels too narrow

/ L3010 wheels too narrow #1  

Anonymous Poster

Any suggestions for where to buy wider wheels and tires for kubota L3010 (2wd)? I currently have 5.00 x 15 on this unit with a fe loader. Tires cut and dig when turning with a load. Dealer price is outrageous and can't seem to locate any that will fit the 6 bolt pattern for the kubota.

Thanks,
Tom

/ L3010 wheels too narrow #2  
That's just one of the drawbacks to having a FEL on a 2WD tractor. About the only way to partially remedy the situation is to hang as much weight off the 3 point hitch as you can to transfer weight to the rear.

/ L3010 wheels too narrow #3  
TStewart,

As mentioned, a counterweight on the 3-PT or rear hitch might help........

You did not indicate what type of tire you currently had on the front, but it sounds like you might have a 3-rib Ag Front tire.. these have a higher center rib and lower outer ribs... they do cut into the ground because they are designed for turning in plowed ground or other field conditions.. less than desireable on dry, hard flat surfaces due to the harder rubber, higher air pressure and lack of surface contact...

If that is the case, there is a tire I know of that may help you in your situation. It is the Firestone "Rib Implement" design and does come in a 5.00 X 15 size and will fit on, I think both a 3" or 4" wheel width....definitely a 3 inch size.

Go to www.firestoneag.com

Click through the tire product options under "Ag", then "Implement" and you should find it... It will give you all the spec's on the tire, dimension's, load limit's etc..... This tire has a wider foot print and more surface area due to 5 smaller and narrower ribs and should provide a wider stance than the 3-rib Ag. Again, depends on what you currently have however, this should help with your problem..

This site then also has a "dealer locator" search function and you can find a source near you. This tire probably has a fairly limited use and it is doubtful they will have on-hand or in stock, so they will more than likely need to order it in for you.....they are only around $40.00 or so per tire. I have Firestone's on both the front and rear of my tractor and I am very pleased with their durability and performance...

Obviously, finding a wider wheel and tire might be the best option... I am somewhat surprised that Kubota cannot help you with that since the wheel lug patterns should be somewhat standardized...

Absent that, take a look at the Firestone Tire. Good luck, let us know how you come out !!!

Add:

Also, you might want to measure the wheel diameter.. you may be able to handle a wider tire size than the one I mentioned above, as there are other options in the 15 inch wheel size in other implement tire designs but require 5 inch to 8 inch wheel width's... they then can be 6.50 - 9.50 in tire width which will give you the wider stance you are looking for without having to change wheels...... again, the tire shop should be able to recommend the widest tire possible on the wheel you have...

/ L3010 wheels too narrow #4  
You can probably use any six hole wheel. Take a hub off and take it to a junkyard and try it in the six hole wheels. Chevy trucks mostly used six hole but some Japanese trucks used them, too.

/ L3010 wheels too narrow #5  
How about measuring the BC and center diameter
and letting us know what it is.
Someone will be able to help u.
I bought 8 hole 16" trailer rims from local tire shop
new price $ 25.00 ea. and they mounted and balanced
my used tires for free.

/ L3010 wheels too narrow
Found the firestone tires you suggested at $45 each. This should solve my problem. Thanks for all of the suggestions.
Tom

/ L3010 wheels too narrow #7  
That's great, hope it works out for you...... post us a picture after you get them on so we can see how it looks!!!!