jd 445 steering cylinder

/ jd 445 steering cylinder #1  

toyfarm

Tractor
2013 Kubota B3200
Anybody point me in the direction for one of these for less than $270
I prefer used in good shape but open to new at a reasonable cost!
John Deere part number is AM118796

/ jd 445 steering cylinder #2  
What happened to the cylinder? Not repairable?

/ jd 445 steering cylinder
well for one it don't appear to be re-sealable (welded shut) for 2 it turns much sharper one direction than the other and for 3 it appears to be leaking thru the casting around the seal and not the actual seal! So i assume i'm looking for a replacement?

/ jd 445 steering cylinder #4  
Unfortunately JD uses welded cylinders on a lot of smaller tractors, and they are "non-standard" forcing you to buy a replacement from them. My only suggestion would be to find a local shop and see what they can do for you.

unfortunately there are no hydraulic cylinder shops within 70 miles of me! by the time i do all the runnin around and chasing a better deal, more than likely be better off to bite the bullett right off the bat??

/ jd 445 steering cylinder #6  
I'd prolly do that too.
Thought you might find one on eBay from someone parting out a 4xx. Didn't see any listed now, but some different sellers look like they have some parts and might be worth a contact or two.

i've been all over ebay...this one in particular i contacted seller asking if it would interchange? There are 3 diff. ones that fit 445 alone (depending on serial number) so i would want to make sure that it would interchange! Still no return msg from seller. Also there are not several as this is the only one i found that was even close! There have been several in recent history that have sold though, perhaps I should mow with the big ole Kubota until one can be located reasonably?

/ jd 445 steering cylinder #9  
The 420 is a different frame tractor from the 425, 445, and 455. I would be very suspect of a 420 steering cylinder for your 445. Among the 445's are the AWS that likely take a different steering cylinder. Ask for the measurements, as it might be easy for a seller to say yes and then the "not-so-much-fun" would begin. ;)

/ jd 445 steering cylinder #10  
well for one it don't appear to be re-sealable (welded shut) for 2 it turns much sharper one direction than the other and for 3 it appears to be leaking thru the casting around the seal and not the actual seal! So i assume i'm looking for a replacement?

They are repairable with a lathe and the proper welding equipment (TIG)

The butt plate needs to be machined apart (opposite side of the rod)....then rebuild, reweld and test.....Done......

They take standard seals internally.....