What is the longest a dealer has taken for repairs?

/ What is the longest a dealer has taken for repairs? #1  

Grut

Silver Member
How many folks out there have had their machines tied up by the dealer for warranty repairs?
I am still waiting for mine and thought I would post to see who is or was in the same boat as myself and what kind of what time in days or weeks is normal or acceptable.

/ What is the longest a dealer has taken for repairs? #2  
I'm that poor guy at the dealer trying to get warranty repairs approved and get 'em done so the customers can have thier stuff back. Not tractors, but other machinery, but I'm willing to bet it's a lot of the same stuff. I can tell you all I deal with are commercial / contratcors / local gov'ts so thier is huge pressure to get the stuff done fast so "comapny x" get back to making a living or so "town y" can maintain thier utilities.....
Depending on the actual problem it can take a few days to clarify issues with factory service people and then get parts shipped on up to weeks spent trying to figue out some engineering glitch that nobody ever thought possible 'till the customer had the problem. Then the engineeering people have tocome up with a fix......

Remeber the squeaky wheel gets the grease -- I often tell customers who are waiting excessively to go ahead and call my boss - when he gets the pressure he puts pressure on someone higher up the food chain at the factory than the people I deal with.....

/ What is the longest a dealer has taken for repairs? #3  
I had a tractor tied up for 4 weeks one time. I called about every 3 days, kept getting the runaround. Finally one day I called, and was told it had been done for 4 days, (I had been super busy that last week), my first thought was, "Why the f--- can't the dealer call me for once?" They lost points with me, which was a shame since I really liked them.

/ What is the longest a dealer has taken for repairs? #4  
I waited 6 months for a 2.89 warranty part to fix a customers lawnmower a few years ago. lucky it was during the winter months when they didn't need it.

/ What is the longest a dealer has taken for repairs?
6 months!!! I am half way there at just a touch over 3 moths, but now I need it because the weather is nice. I know that a portion of it is dealing with the manufacurer, which is crap because I could have fixed it myself in way less time. It is for warranty issures so I guess I have to bear with it and let the big shots at the manufacturer make there income by taking notes, pondering fixes, and wasting time--that is why they make the bucks they sure look busy. I know my dealer was waiting on them for some time.
I am going to stop by either tomorrow or very soon. I just hope all the problems are fixed once and for all like I am being told they will be....

/ What is the longest a dealer has taken for repairs? #6  
We had ours taken for some minor repairs. It took just under a week.

/ What is the longest a dealer has taken for repairs? #7  
I'd love to know the brand name of the equipment that requires engineers to come up with a fix. I think I'd avoid that one.

/ What is the longest a dealer has taken for repairs? #8  
Grut, is this the TYM T330? Are there parts depots in this country.

What is the problem that needs fixing?

/ What is the longest a dealer has taken for repairs?
Beenthere you read the TYM section! Why yes it is a TYM 330 TLB. I am not sure about the part supply in the USA. I have a couple of problems it went in for in Feb. Not a problem because I thought it was coming back by the time the weather broke! First I have a backhoe with pivot pin slop, which I believe had the pivot holes overbored from the factory and caused the bushing to wear into the subframe. Last I heard it was headed to the machine shop?? Not sure exactly what they are doing but it sure is taking forever. I also had a loader valve which needed replaced and a couple of small things.
I really like the tractor compared to the competition both in design and price but man that seems a bit long especially with the weather and the to-do list getting backed up.
I guess I am just starting to get a frustrated because I am paying on something I can not use. I better get the warranty extended for the time it was in the shop.
Calling dealer tomorrow, not pointing the finger at him I wouldn't want to be in his shoe's--in the middle! I am going to request a loaner also.