YM 2500

/ YM 2500 #1  

bloveless

Tractor
Yanmar YM2500
I have a Yanmar YM2500 that stopped running, I have checked everything I know. I have followed insturctions from other forums to bleed the air out of the fuel system and still can't get it to run. Anyone know anything about fuel injector pump?

/ YM 2500 #2  
Did you try cracking the fuel lines at the injectors and then turning the engine over to see if you are getting any air or fuel out of the lines?

/ YM 2500
Yes, I first fill the tank with fuel, bleed the air at the filter, cracked the lines at the injector pump and can't air fuel or anything.

/ YM 2500 #4  
Repost your problem on the Yanmar forum. There are numerous dealers there that I'm sure will help you.

/ YM 2500 #5  
no fuel to the pump? check to see if you are getting fuel out of the filter assembly.

post back.

soundguy

/ YM 2500
Yes, if I remove the fuel line going into the pumb I get all kinds of fuel.

/ YM 2500 #7  
ok.. fuel to pump.

now loosen the lines coming out of the pump, and crank over.. any fuel getting there?

and you have made sure you don't have the fuel turned off by the throttle handle pushed in the stop position right?.. exercise it a bit in case it stuck the rack..

soundguy

/ YM 2500
ok.. fuel to pump.

now loosen the lines coming out of the pump, and crank over.. any fuel getting there?

and you have made sure you don't have the fuel turned off by the throttle handle pushed in the stop position right?.. exercise it a bit in case it stuck the rack..

soundguy
Yes getting fuel to the pump, when I loosen the lines coming out of the pump and crank the motor over I get nothing. I have double checked to make sure the fuel is on and the cut off is not on. The 3 fittings on the pump that the fuel lines attach to, can they be removed?

/ YM 2500 #9  
i'd say the fuel metering valve or rack may be stuck.

soundguy

/ YM 2500
Is that something I could work on or will I have to pull the pump and take to someone to fix? I have be looking for anything that would give me the break down of the pump.