NGK glow plugs

/ NGK glow plugs #1  

stnickstoys

Gold Member
Tractor
Used Yanmar and Iseki
Hi guys,
I was wondering if anyone had a really good resource for NGK glow plugs. I have 4 that need replacing and the parts stores around here give me the "you want what?" look when I go in there looking for tractor parts.
I need 4 NGK Y142T glow plugs on one of the hex sides it also says 88X2.
I have been looking for a really good glow plug resource and have yet to find it!
Thanks for your anticipated help!
Nick

/ NGK glow plugs #2  
Try your local forklift dealer.......An awful lot of diesel forklifts use japanese engines that take the same glow plugs as ag machines......Tom

/ NGK glow plugs #3  
try us deisel . they can get any deisel part if you have the manufacturer part number . i mean common parts like fuel pumps , injectors , glow-plugs . i got injectors and glow plugs from them with the boshe# and the ngk#. fast shipping . fair prices. they have a web site i ordered from.

www.usdieselparts.com

/ NGK glow plugs
Thanks for the idea,
I tried USdiesel and they said they can't help me. They said they checked with their NGK rep and he told them its not a good part number. They said that was all they could do to help me. Anyone else got an idea where to get these little guys?
Thanks
Nick

I'm attaching a pic of them.

Attachments

• 48-231254-Mvc-010f.jpg
    48-231254-Mvc-010f.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 1,046
   / NGK glow plugs
another view, not a good NGK part # ???

Attachments

• 48-231256-Mvc-005f.jpg
    48-231256-Mvc-005f.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 628
   / NGK glow plugs #6  
Can we assume that somewhere you have evidence of them being NGK brand? Any chance that sometime in the past the OEM glow plugs were replaced with another brand with that part number? And I would assume you've taken one of them to one or more parts suppliers to see if they could simply match them by size, threads, etc. Sounds like a frustrating problem.

/ NGK glow plugs
heres a pic

Attachments

• 48-231323-Mvc-007f.jpg
    48-231323-Mvc-007f.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 661
   / NGK glow plugs
tried local parts houses. I get the, "If it's not in my handy dandy computer, they don't make it." Very frustrating! Tried contacting Len, hope he can help me out!
Nick

/ NGK glow plugs #9  
OK Nick, here's what I found out. I called NGK and asked them about your glow plug. He said it isn't available for after market. It's only available by way of OEM. You will have to go back to the tractor distributor. NGK's # is 877-473-6767

Billy

/ NGK glow plugs
Thanks Billy,
I too called NGK and they weren't much help. I then put in an e mail to anna acker at southern global and to len shafer. I need to get out there this morning and pull the engine number off the tractor to see if we can get something going for it. Hope I can get it running soon, doesn't go so good with out glow!

Nick