allis chalmers 5030 will not start

/ allis chalmers 5030 will not start #1  

tcoe99

Tractor
allis chalmers 5030
First of all im new here and this is my first tractor.

I was rototilling around my trees the other day and she lost power and stalled out. I lifted the hood and to my horror i saw oil leaking. Pulled it over to garage and found that the rubber seal around the valve cover had blown out. I drained the oil no metal or anything, and fixed the rubber seal. Now I try to start it and it wont fire, not even with ether.

Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. thanks

/ allis chalmers 5030 will not start #2  
oil leakage at a valve cover is kinda normal for an old tractor :)

lost power and stalled out is generally out of fuel or clogged air filter.. or it overheated and seized.

post back some more details.

did it have water int he rad?

any water int he oil when you changed it?

was it VERY low on oil?

does it crank over real good?

making any smoke when cranking over?

checked fuel?

checked air fitler?

post back

soundguy

/ allis chalmers 5030 will not start
I havent checked the rad yet.

There was no water in the oil and the level was fine.

first couple of cranks are easy and normal then get hard and slow and lots of black smoke.

Got fuel at inj and air filter clean.

Ill go check the rad, it never indicated that it was heating up on the guage. definately worth a peek. thanks

/ allis chalmers 5030 will not start #4  
black smoke is unburnt fuel.

turning over hard is weird.

have you checked your battery, cables, ends and terminals?

put a meter on the battery when turning over.. what does it drop to? if past 9-10v, there is an issue.

soundguy

I did have to boost it and i cleaned up all the connections, they were dirty and some were corroded a bit. I dont have a meter but will get one.
also tonight i pulled the injectors out, one was really wet and the other was dry and looked like rust on the bottom.

both glow plugs are black and bulbed. looking for replacements

Last edited:
Does anyone know where a guy can find replacement plugs. they are an ngk y122. they dont exist anymore and no one here can figure out what others will work. even google search and nothing crosses with them?

/ allis chalmers 5030 will not start #7  
It says that Amazon has them here.

They are also available here, though I know nothing about this company.

I have been referred in the past to Monarch Wholesale: Login for glow plug and ignition parts since they are semi-local to me for in-person pickup. I was told they will have anything NGK, ever. (I was looking for parts for a diesel engine one time, and old motorcycle ignition parts the other.) I have never purchased anything from them. Their website is kind of wonky.

thanks for the links. I just found them on sparkplugs.com and ordered them up. it would be nice if a guy could find a more common plug for a replacement.

I am also trying to locate all or any of the vent lines. I cant seem to find any and seeing as it blew out the seal i must have a plugged vent. thanks for the help

well I was talking to a guy at work and he said to hit it with ether while turning it over. did it but still nothing, soon as ether hit she stopped turning over. now should i just stop tinkering with this and that and just wait for my plugs to show up?