Ford 1210 stalling Hydrostat

/ Ford 1210 stalling Hydrostat #1  

asmithbsn

Tractor
Ford 1210 and John Deere 650
I recently purchased a Ford 1210 wanting it mainly for the front end loader. The FEL works great, but the tractor appears not to have suffiecient power from the hydrostatic transmission when attempting to load the FEL. It seems to stall when pushing FEL into dirt pile. It appears the relief valve may be opening causing the stall. I have read some of the thread regarding chattering of the hydraulics when using the 3 PH and will try some of those fixes first, such as changing the hydraulic filters and cleaning the screen. The oil is extremely clean and appears to have been changed recently, maybe who ever changed the oil, changed the spin on filter and failed to check the screen. Anyway, if anyone out there has a had a similar situation would appreciate feedback.

/ Ford 1210 stalling Hydrostat #2  
Welcome to TBN. :)

/ Ford 1210 stalling Hydrostat #3  
Hello & WELCOME to TractorByNet.com! :)

I have moved your thread to the Parts/Repairs Forum. You'll get a better response there. ;)

/ Ford 1210 stalling Hydrostat
Thanks

/ Ford 1210 stalling Hydrostat #5  
My Ford 1215 has a high/low range lever, does your unit? Are you driving into the pile in low range? For the small HP on these engines (0.9 liter) the buckets are huge and you can overload the engine easily.

Last edited: