Ford 3000 wont run

/ Ford 3000 wont run #1  

Dualie

I inherited a ford 3000 from a friend that was moving and didnt want to deal with it.

The back story is his neighbor borrowed it and blew it up, neighbor found a good used engine and put it in. IT ran marginal for a while then started smoking and running rough and now it wont run at all.

It was very low on fuel so i added 5 gallons to the tank. Bleed out the system all the way to the injectors. I get fuel squirting out of all the injectors but not with as much force as i would think there should be. also getting fuel all the way to the tank return from the IP.

It spins over but doesn't even try to fire even with a "who cares at this point" shot of either.

anyone know where i can get a compression checking adapter for the ford 3000?

Im trying to save it from going to scrap but Its not making it easy on me. its very close to getting the torch.

/ Ford 3000 wont run #2  
what color smoke?

/ Ford 3000 wont run
It was white smoke. Either Horrible timing, Coolant being burned or OIL. he says it was white like unburnt fuel so im going with that one.

The oil does however smell slightly like fuel, and the fact that it wouldn't cough even a little on the "who cares at this point" shot of either leads me to believe its something serious internally.

Unless someone has a bad injector i can buy cheep and cannibalize to make a compression tester setup I think im going to pressure test the cooling system, if it holds pressure that means its either the IP or a hole in a piston vs a head gasket.

Its looking more and more like my free to me 3000 with a front end loader is going to meet the big parts breaker in the sky.

Also this engine looks very simmilar to the 6.6L I-6 "Brazilian" Ford/new Holland diesel in my 89 f-800 Boom truck. i Have an injector pop tester for that series engine, im wondering if i should pop test the injectors for a cheep check over.

/ Ford 3000 wont run #4  
Checking the injectors if you would make sense. When it cranks does it act like it has compression?

/ Ford 3000 wont run #5  
unhook the air cleaner hose and see if that helps i have seen the oil bath aircleaners so stoped up the it could breath then i would pull the injectors and find a old one some where and build a compression tester the injectors will be the last thing i would check