Loosening Tie Rod Nut on Kubuta L series??

/ Loosening Tie Rod Nut on Kubuta L series?? #1  

kubotal3130

I am attempting to replace the dust boot on my Kubota 3130. After successfully poping out the tie rod with a crowbar and hammer, I realized that my owners manual says I can turn the Tie Rod Nut with Tie Rod in place. I am having trouble turning the nut. Any suggestions? Could anyone tell me what way to turn the nut. If i'm in facing the rear of the tractor, would I pull towards me or away? I could attach pictures if that helps. Thanks for any advice.

/ Loosening Tie Rod Nut on Kubuta L series??
Never mind....nut does turn towards front of tractor. Boot then slides off. Easy fix. Too bad I striped the thread banging the tie rod out.

/ Loosening Tie Rod Nut on Kubuta L series?? #3  
Never mind....nut does turn towards front of tractor. Boot then slides off. Easy fix. Too bad I striped the thread banging the tie rod out.
i know it will not help this time but to remove a tie rod without damaging the threads loosen the nut till it is almost off then take 2 hammers and put 1 on the opposite side of the tie rod as an anvil and hit the opposite side with the other hammer. the rod is a taper fit and the hammer action pops it right out. :thumbsup:

/ Loosening Tie Rod Nut on Kubuta L series?? #4  
I use a puller to pop it out.

/ Loosening Tie Rod Nut on Kubuta L series?? #5  
I am attempting to replace the dust boot on my Kubota 3130. After successfully poping out the tie rod with a crowbar and hammer, I realized that my owners manual says I can turn the Tie Rod Nut with Tie Rod in place. I am having trouble turning the nut. Any suggestions? Could anyone tell me what way to turn the nut. If i'm in facing the rear of the tractor, would I pull towards me or away? I could attach pictures if that helps. Thanks for any advice.

Do a search on --L3240 rubber boot ripped-- that I posted last year.. I ripped a boot and ended up making a cover for them out of conveyor belt..

AndyG