tools

/ tools #21  
<font color="blue">think it would be worth buying some used snap-on tools off of ebay then switching out the bad ones for new ones</font>

Lots of folks do just that. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif And I suppose you're aware of the fact that the "hard iron" is usually a lifetime warranty, but power tools, electronics, and such are not. So, for example, if you buy a used air impact wrench and it's no good, you'll have to pay for the repairs.

/ tools #22  
Absolutely bgott.

I have pretty much exclusively Craftsman. Good value for the weekend warrior. They work fine for people that use a tool intelligently. The problem is that the Sears store is in the MALL, 1/2 hr away. I am a guy. I HATE THE MALL. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif Especially on the weekend or evenings. Guess when I can go to the MALL. If I was in the trade professionally, the frequency that you have to deal with tool problems would require me to go to the MALL more than my usual twice/year. Bring the tools to me, I'll pay for it. Just don't make me go to that damm MALL. It's cruel and unusual punishment to a guy, only slightly appeased by being surrounded by all those tools. And if you want real pain, at Christmas time, be a guy, looking for a present for a girlfriend at OLD NAVY /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif(or wife, I suppose, but I am looking for a wife that wouldn't want something from Old Navy /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif). Misery, I tell you, misery!!!

What we guys need is a tool store /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif. A nice wide line of all sorts of tools. BIG. Next to the tractor dealership. NOT IN THE MALL! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ tools #23  
There are a few Sears tool stores around the country... usually in a strip mall setting. Very fun place to go.

At the mall, I always park back by the Sears loading dock and that is where the tools usually are. You don't have to go through the whole mall to get to the good stuff. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ tools #24  
MDNick:

I agree with you about MALLs - I hate'em!

Fortunately at our mall Sears is on the end and has it's own entrance and it goes right into the hardware section /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

I've also learned what time Sears opens on weekends (actually an hour before the mall opens on Sundays!) so IF I ever need to go to sears, I go first thing Saturday or Suncay - before the crouds.

This past Christmas, I did ALL of my christmas shopping for my wife on line. It's great.

Along those lines, I was just wondering if you could get Craftsman tools on line. The answer at their web site is YES!

/ tools #25  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( …I was just wondering if you could get Craftsman tools on line… )</font>

I ordered some Craftsman tools (50-80% off specials-door busting come-on's) on-line on “Black Friday” and then again a few weeks later…

1) to avoid the Christmas rush
2) to avoid the “Sorry… sold out… got ya… but as long as you’re here…” /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
3) included Free Shipping to our front door /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
4) I needed these tools like another few holes in my head… but did I mention 50-80% off normal “sale” pricing (by the way… today, most of them are still in the original packaging…)/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ tools #26  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( …doesn't force you to jump up and down…)</font>

Actually, our main Sears store is great… if they don’t have it (very rare…) they will ship it @ no charge, a few times upgraded the damaged tools to something better, and once in a while, even got a “free” extra tool for the “inconvenience” … /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

All-in-all, I’ve had nothing but positive experiences with them (except one air compressor /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif)… So… that’s one of the reasons, why I keep coming back…/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Brad… maybe you should shop at our Sears… /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ tools
JMIII,

<font color="blue"> I needed these tools like another few holes in my head… but did I mention 50-80% off normal “sale” pricing (by the way… today, most of them are still in the original packaging…) </font>

There will be a time, as your working on your tractor,
you will say...I've got the perfect tool for this job! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif......now, if I can only remember where I put it... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ tools #28  
Guess I am lucky...I have two Sears Hardware stores both within 15 minutes of my house. The one is small and in a strip mall the other one is HUGE and free standing. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ tools #29  
I don't like malls either. When the wife and I go, I tell her to meet me at Sears. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Billy

/ tools #30  
I strongly suspect that "Craftsman" and "Husky" tools are one and the same tool. I have seen Sears ads that are totally identical to Home Depot's "Husky" ads, and Home Depot has claimed to replace defective "Craftsman" tools in their ads.