tools

/ tools #31  
At one time Craftsman hand tools were made by Western Forge which is/was related to Western Auto which is why you could buy Craftsman at Western Auto stores. Not sure if this is still true or not /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ tools #32  
<font color="blue">today, most of them are still in the original packaging…)</font>

There's nothing wrong with that. When you find something at a great price, and you know (or think) you will need it sometime, you need to buy it. Some of the most satisfying purchases are like that. When you finally use it a few months (or years) down the road, you smile to yourself and feel justified by the money you saved on a cool tool. My wife just thinks it's part of my packrat complex. She tolerates, but I don't think she understands. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

OkieG

/ tools #34  
I don't find any connection between "Craftsman" and "Husky" other than the ads, however I do find where The "Stanley" Works is either the mfgr. or parent co. for Mac, Proto, Husky, Bostitch, Jensen, and a few others. I guess the mfg. of Craftsman these days is a well guarded secret.

/ tools #35  
Come to think of it, maybe they are also the maker of my few New Britain tools. As one who watches New Yankee Workshop, I can think of one advertiser off hand, "brought to you by the Stanley Works of New Britain Conneticut" Maybe. Rat...

/ tools #36  
One of the places Craftsman end wrenchs are made are a company called Danahur. I don't think that I spelled it right. But they make tools for Sears and other companys also. I use to know the other brands, but I couldn't tell you now. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ tools #37  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( One of the places Craftsman end wrenchs are made are a company called Danahur. I don't think that I spelled it right. But they make tools for Sears and other companys also. I use to know the other brands, but I couldn't tell you now. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif )</font>

Close Jerry; it's Danaher and you can learn more about them at Danaher's Tool Page. They make tools for Armstrong®, Matco®, Sears Craftsman®, AllenTM, KD-Tools®, Holo-Krome®, NAPA®, and SATA, and I think they're also the parent company for Matco. Of course, I know Matco has a lot of other companies who make tools for them, too, and assume the other brands do also.

/ tools #38  
<font color="blue"> She tolerates, but I don't think she understands </font>
and I don't either ... because I have a wife just like that. "But it's on sale" .... I have a dadgummed 2 car garage that's never seen one of our vehicles in it /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif because it's still got boxes from our move here .... almost 5 years ago. And she adds to it .... weekly ... buying crafts she may do some day ... more dishes, pots, pans, cleaning supplies. Clothes that have never come out of the bag the store put them in. Some lamps last week.
The hallways are stacked with "stuff" thats been moved inside ... but there's no place to put it. Arggggh. And she won't let me build a doggone addition to the house. I feel like I'm going to come up missing and be found like one of those old abandoned people you read about ... found buried under some pile of stuff that fell over on us .... /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Personally, except for tools, I think being a packrat must be a psychological condition of some kind /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

pete (who'd love to someday park a vehicle inside!) (Oh well, the important vehicles are, the tractor and Goldwing are both in the detached garage /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif)

/ tools #39  
4) I needed these tools like another few holes in my head&#8230; but did I mention 50-80% off normal &#8220;sale&#8221; pricing (by the way&#8230; today, most of them are still in the original packaging&#8230;)

I do this for next years Christmas shopping, when on sale
buy multiples and put in large Rubbermaid tub in basement
also works well for those unexpected birthday parties u
find out about at last minute.
Close out sales are good supply for this too.
I trying to finish up next Christmas presents now.
I can't go wrong buying tools for the male side of our
families (one farms and others run trucking co. and are
ALWAYS losing tools, funny how they grow legs and walk off).
I hate to brag on a Craftsman ratchet but the swing cylinder
on my big hoe needed rebuilt. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
The 12 bolts that hold this on are 30mm and the 1" impact wouldn't touch them so I put a cheater pipe(10' long)on
the 3/4" breaker bars and broke a craftsman and new britan.
Also broke a 3/4" new britan ratchet. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
My last choice was 3/4" craftsman ratchet and it took all
the bolts out, thats w/ 2 people pulling on 10' cheater.
Needless to say I didn't tighten that tight when I was done. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ tools #40  
jerryg don't they make some of those tools in springdale??
I was told that there is a tool manufacturer in springdale that makes a large number of named brand tools?

hoeman00 don't try that with a 1/2". i did and broke it. i had to it was all i had at the time and wanted to get it done.
now i have 3/4 stuff never had a need before i had a tractor. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif