New Holland 675b Fuel Shutoff Solenoid Issue

/ New Holland 675b Fuel Shutoff Solenoid Issue #1  

jameskilgore

Tractor
675b
I have a New Holland 675B tractor with a John Deere diesel engine in it.
The fuel shut-off solenoid had three wires in it, and due to vibration eventually ended up broken.

This happened to what I assume to be the wire that causes the solenoid to pull back first, as we could reach inside with a stick and manually open the valve, the solenoid would hold it open as long as the ignition switch was in the run position.

Eventually another wire broke loose out of the solenoid and the tractor wouldn't start period.

I replaced the solenoid with another solenoid from JD that has three wires as well however this solenoid has a white wire coming out of it with a terminal crimped on the end which would appear to go to ground.

However; we still have the exact same issue regardless of if this wire is grounded or not, the solenoid will not pull back on its own and open the fuel valve. It will stay in place if manually pushed back.

Does this white wire need to go to the starter side of the starter solenoid by chance? The red wire and black wire in the brown plug show +12v and ground as would be expected.

/ New Holland 675b Fuel Shutoff Solenoid Issue #2  
If you have a 675 series backhoe built by New Holland, it is a 675E. Ford (before New Holland's involvement) built a 675D. There is no 675B. And there isn't a New Holland machine in North America, probably the world, that left the factory with a Deere engine.

The typical three wire solenoid has one lead to pull the coil using a relatively high current draw; one lead to hold the energized solenoid using much less current, and a ground. The linkage needs to be adjusted so the solenoid travels fully on the pull phase and is bottomed out so the hold coil can hold the plunger (and fuel valve) in place.

/ New Holland 675b Fuel Shutoff Solenoid Issue
I assumed this is the way that solenoid worked, however despite anything i've tried I cannot get the solenoid to pull back on it's own.

The replacement solenoid I picked up will stay in the open position if I push it back by hand or with a stick.

I've tried jumping 12 volts straight to the battery on the third wire and it simply will not pull back on its own. The linkage / plunger isn't hard to move by hand.

The tractor has 675 B written right on the side of it on the boom. I'll do some looking to see if I can properly identify the engine.

/ New Holland 675b Fuel Shutoff Solenoid Issue #4  
I am having the same problem. Mine is a JD 675B skid loader. I replaced the solenoid and it worked for an hour or so then back to the same problem. When I turn on the key it starts to pull the solenoid but I have to help it the rest of the way back. Then as it is running the solenoid starts to creep back to the shut off position. I ran a new ground and it didn't help. I don't have a meter, But the run power looks bright with a test light.