Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    New Holland TC35D w/ 16LA FEL

Default Looking for a source for tractor parts.

Does anybody know of or has anybody found a source for buying new or used tractor parts ?
    I am looking for a tachometer/ hour meter for my 1988 JD 950. Picture attached.
    I had been noticing over the last month that the needle seemed to be acting a bit sticky and then Sunday when I was plowing the yard, I looked down to see that the needle was just floating around on the bottom of the guage.
    I spoke to my local dealer and after looking up the part number, he quoted me a price of $189 for the guage assembly [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] and another $16 if I need the cable, Which I may need.
    I don't have it in me to just say the heck with it and leave it broken. I have to replace/ repair it, but there has to be a better prce out there than $189. Any Ideas ???????
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gold Member
    Tractor
    New Holland 1920

Default Re: Looking for a source for tractor parts.

Mark, if I remeber correctly John Miller had a diesel tach/hour meter for probably 1/4 of that price. Bill C

Tractor
    none any longer

Are you sure it's not just the cable?
    I replaced the cable on my dead 4000+hr meter, and it came back to life! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Tractor
    JD 2210 JD318 JD332

I believe your tractor was made by Yanmar for JD. Why not give them a try, nothing to loose. Has the needle come loose from the shaft? As stated by another poster you may just need a new cable. I would take it apart to see what is actually needed.
    Ken [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK 35

It looks in his photo like the needle fell off the shaft.

Elite Member

I would bet that's fixable with some "JB KWIK" by JB Weld. Same stuff, only kwiker.

Tractor
    long 300dtc

HI mark i was wondering what local dealer in n.h there is a john deere in plaistow nh now may be the same co.
    EDT

Tractor
    Kubota L4610, ZD21, RTV900, B2630

Heres a thought on your tach. Measure the diameter of the body of the meter, then go to your local NAPA auto parts store and see what they have available. I have done this with the guages on dozers and had good luck. They will not match the old meter but they will function just as well.

Veteran Member
    Home-1+ acres New Hope, TX / 24 acres-Fannin County
    Tractor
    JD 950

Mark - Good luck with your search. I would be interested if you find a good source. I also have a 950. I did a google web search for <font color="blue">tractor salvage deere </font> and got LOTS of hits. A couple sites even had lists of tractors currently in salvage. But each one I e-mailed inquiring about certain parts, response came back as not available. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
    Some did not have a web site listed, but had phone numbers. I haven't tried calling around yet.

Tractor
    New Holland TC35D w/ 16LA FEL

Thanks everybody for your input.
    <font color="blue">billfires </font>,
    I wonder if his gauge would work and if he still has it avaailable. It could be like just what I am needing.

<font color="orange"> BillG49. </font>
    Yes it is defnatly more then the cable. Take a close look at the picture, noticing the location of the white needle.

<font color="blue"> edt, </font>
    The local dealer I speak of is Hawkenson Equipment. They have 2 locations. Plymouth, NH (main store) and Meredith, NH (where I bought)

<font color="orange"> Dozernut, </font>
    Good idea, I will do that. I am not to conserned about the hour meter being off. I will photograph and record and probably even keep the old gauge. Then when / if, I sell / trade I will have my bases and butt covered.

<font color="green"> BB TX, </font>
    I will try the same search and see what my luck brings me. I'll let you know if I hit pay dirt.

Thanks again everybody for your help. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] you guys are great [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Keep the input coming. FEED ME [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    <font color="blue"> </font>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast