ford 5000 ring gear

/ ford 5000 ring gear #1  

aster

Tractor
Ford 5000
Can anyone explain how the ring gear goes on a ford 5000 tractor? I am trying to put mine baack in but can't seem to figure out how it goes. Any help is welcome.

/ ford 5000 ring gear #2  
generally the bevel on the teeth face the starter drive.

If it is a shrink on gear,heat it up with the torch evenly to about 300 degree and tap it home.

/ ford 5000 ring gear #3  
Put the flywheel in your freezer and the ring gear in your oven at around 400F. House may smell funny but this is a shrink fit and trying to heat with torch is a good way to warp the ring gear.

Roy

/ ford 5000 ring gear #4  
Flywheel in the freezer and evenly heating with the torch warps the ring gear :confused:
Some people should keep their "expert advice" to themselves ;)

/ ford 5000 ring gear #5  
I would also put the fly wheel in the freezer over night helps to reduce the size

But i wouldn't have a problem about heating the the ring gear with a torch just go gentle with the heat and all will be well :thumbsup:

If you heat it in one place with a torch then you will spoil it just go steady and evenly

You will find it will prob fall on if not then a length of timber that will go across the ring gear and a hammer will sort it just be quick about it as the size difference will be short lived

As said above bevel to starter:thumbsup:

Ps my wife isn't very understanding about machinery in the kitchen since she came home an found me baking a cast iron pump housing ready to weld as they are so thin that they crack otherwise