wheel alignment

/ wheel alignment #1  

piggiebank

Tractor
foton yardster 25
Hi

Can anyone help me. I have a compact tractor 25 horsepower chinese made.

I suffer a lot of front wheel punctures and have recently had to replace both front inner tubes. I do believe that part of the problem is that the wheels are not at right angles with the floor and especially when doing heavy work with the loader and turning frequently that excessive pressure is put onto the tyre walls. Is there any way to adjust the bottom of the wheel outwards to lessen the pressure so the tyres sit at a better angle.

Regards

Graham (France):)

/ wheel alignment #2  
:welcome:

Don't think that the angles of the tires have anything to do with wheel punctures.
Something else is causing your tire and tube problems.

Do you have a pic of the damage to the tubes?

/ wheel alignment #3  
Are you getting punctures from somthing going through the wall or from the tyre wearing on the tube

I have had problems in the past if you have a a tubeless tyre run with a tube in it. As tubeless tyres tend to have ribs in them that chaf the tubes if this is the case them a flap disc in the grinder will smooth out the ribs in the tyre

as said a pic would help but i guess the rubber is mounted back on the rim by now hope this helps

/ wheel alignment
I will take some photos tomorrow. The punctures are possibly a coincidence as I cut a lot of brambles with sharp thorns and when I took the first puncture to be repaired the outer tyre had been penetrated in several places. I just feel the angle of the wheel is too steep and not helping. I will report back with photos. Thanks

/ wheel alignment #5  
That angle you're referring to is "positive camber" which makes the tractor steer better, ESPECIALLY so when those front wheels are in a pull during a turn. If you are truely suffering sidewall punctures, you need a heavier tire that is more resistant to punctures, and NOT a radical change in front end geometry.

/ wheel alignment
wheel file.jpg

Hi Thanks for the reply. Attached photo of wheel. It appears to be at a steeper angle than the other side. If this is normal then great I can stop worrying about it.

Regards

Graham

/ wheel alignment #7  
Both sides should be at the same angle. You should determine if something is bent, or not.
Wear of the tire tread (bars) would likely show up before such an angle would tear up a tube. IMO

Are you concerned about the camber angle, or the tow-in ? Or both?