Clutch not disengaging HELP

/ Clutch not disengaging HELP #1  

mpilihp

Silver Member
Tractor
Pasquali 988
Hello I have a unique tractor, it is a Pasquali articulated tractor. It is unique but IM sure some things are very similar. Recently the clutch started to not fully disengage fully, my auto mechanic took a look at it and adjusted the clutch cable to tighten it up and it was fine, for awhile. It happened again and so I tightened it more. This has continued to happen this summer and when it starts to act up it has been getting worse each time. Ive tightened the clutch cable up so much that im afraid Ive over done it. Now when I start the tractor with it in gear and my foot on the clutch the tractor will move.

Ive read some posts and it sounds like the throwout bearing is gone and in my attempt to fix it Ive be running the clutch partially dis engaged (cable to tight) and this may have damaged the fingers on the clutch plate (that sound right?)

So at this point it sounds like it needs to be broken open to repair the clutch, the tractor is an articulated unit so attempting this for me is out of the question. Do you think a standard tractor company would be able to tackle this and if so how much would something like this cost to repair?

Thanks

Phil

/ Clutch not disengaging HELP #2  
I provided a little more information and a possible source of parts in your other thread. Let me know if I can provide anymore insight. When I was redoing mine there wasnt too many people that had worked on them in the past. I can try to guide you along based on my own learning by doing....

/ Clutch not disengaging HELP
Hi Dave thanks, Ill take a look at that thread. Im thinking this is a bigger repair than I am capable of and have time to do. Im going to night school and it takes every last brain cell I have to get my homework done. They say you can teach an old dog new tricks but Im not feeling like that now. Parts are another concern I have, are they readily available. I have a call into Jack at American Pasquali but in the past it has taken awhile to recieve parts.

/ Clutch not disengaging HELP #4  
I had a similar situation on a Ford 841D. Clutch would start to disengage then reengage when the pedal was further depressed. Turned out to be worn out pressure plate. The springs had been adjusted to the point that when further depressed the fingers would contact the disk & off you'd go again. MikeD74T

/ Clutch not disengaging HELP
Hi thanks for the suggestion looks like it needs to be rePlaced. I have ordered the parts hopefully I will get them soon.