Tractor wouldn't start - easy fix !!!!

/ Tractor wouldn't start - easy fix !!!! #11  
Re: Tractor wouldn\'t start - easy fix !!!!

You are most welcome ...You might try an electrical supply to.just a thought. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Tractor wouldn't start - easy fix !!!! #12  

Do you have the correct battery clamp for the negative post? The negative post is smaller than the positive and if someone put a positive clamp on the negative side at some point in the past, it may never stay tight and will allow build up of slime and corrosion between the post and the clamp again.

/ Tractor wouldn't start - easy fix !!!! #13  

Mike:

[ fill windshield cleaner ]

Youngsters ???

Those didn't come along till well after my teens.

Egon

/ Tractor wouldn't start - easy fix !!!!

Ya, the cable is tight... it looks like the original.. it is a thick braided cable grounded to the frame... All is well now.... Thanks...

/ Tractor wouldn't start - easy fix !!!! #15  

Egon - /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gifCome to think of it - you're right - I'm sure that just got added on to the list at some point. My 59 ford sure didn't have it - nor the 66 Chevy -- but I think my new 74 Dodge did. My first new car - bought with re-up bonus - $2900 - WITH EXTRAS ADDED...

/ Tractor wouldn't start - easy fix !!!! #16  

YOUNG ENS!!! my 56 Belair had washers a pedal under the dash you pushed with your foot /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Tractor wouldn't start - easy fix !!!! #17  

I remember those! I think there was a similar arrangement on my 53 Chrysler New Yorker but that was a long time ago.