Need Rotary Cutter Gear Box

/ Need Rotary Cutter Gear Box #1  

MiniOaksMocha

Tractor
NH TC29D
Planning to build 5' to 7' Rotary Cutters (bushhogs) and need to locate a supplier of gear boxes. Does anyone know where you can purchase the gear box unit and the drive shaft????

/ Need Rotary Cutter Gear Box #2  
I have a new gear box that I would sell if interested.

/ Need Rotary Cutter Gear Box #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Planning to build 5' to 7' Rotary Cutters (bushhogs) and need to locate a supplier of gear boxes. )</font>

How many do you plan on building, what size gearbox, how much do you want to spend? Is this for personal or business use?, etc. etc. (Actually, I have more questions than answers... right now..)

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Does anyone know where you can purchase the gear box unit and the drive shaft???? )</font>

Please don't take any offense, but I'm assuming this to be personal use... if so just about any standard farm supply outlet like Tractor Supply Co. or the like can supply these items individually...

If for business use, let me know, as I know a few mfrs. that would probably love your business... most require a minimum of 100 or so gearboxes on each order, contracts signed with annual commitments, etc. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Need Rotary Cutter Gear Box #4  
If you intend on manufacturing cutters and I'll set you up with some suppliers if you will contact me in a an email or PM.
draws75.jpg

/ Need Rotary Cutter Gear Box #5  
I need to replace my gearbox - Shreaded the gears when blade met rock - rock won and I guess the previous owner didn't have a weak enough shear pin. What details do I need to provide to get the right replacement gear box? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Need Rotary Cutter Gear Box #6  
<font color="blue"> What details do I need to provide to get the right replacement gear box? </font>

Should be a metal plate on gearbox with mfr. and model #... (plate may be painted over and have to scrape off to view)

Omni is probably the most popular for standard size units... also mention Mfr. and model of rotary cutter unit...

Ball park price of replacement 40 hp gearbox ~~ $250... & up... depending on the cutter... sometimes it's Not economically feasible to repair... vs replacement of new cutter for a few dollars difference...

/ Need Rotary Cutter Gear Box #7  
Thanks John. A breif search indicates the Omni Gearbox (40HP) would run me about $308 before tax and shipping. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gifConsidering my cutter is old and thrashed, I think your advice is right on about getting a new one for a few dollars more- albeit twice more. Cheers.

/ Need Rotary Cutter Gear Box #8  
The gearbox for some of the current series of Bush Hog squealers retails for less than $250. If I remember correctly, this is a 1:1 box. Turns out this box is a direct replacement for the prior POS gearbox with the sheetmetal rear cover retained by a snapring that was used by Bush Hog, Landpride, and possibly others. I installed 3 or 4 last year to replace grenaded old style boxes.

/ Need Rotary Cutter Gear Box #9  
Although I'd love to see you buy a new cutter, especially if it is mine, I can't in good conscience allow you to pay over $300 for the gearbox alone. About half that amount for retail price plus some shipping. I'm sure we can get a dealer to sell you one for that or less, assuming it is 1 3/8" round bore input, 1:1.47 ratio, (OMNI's RC30 variant 250001). The other side is that silk purse from a sow's ear - new box old blade pan, blades frame, deck PTO etc....if you want the new cutter, please ignore this mesage.

/ Need Rotary Cutter Gear Box #10  
Jim mc;
I would like to buy a gearbox that is geared 3 to 1 ( one spin of the pto to 3 spins of the output gear) for a 6' flail mower I bought as parts. If possible could you check if this is available? Thanks in advance jr.