kubota b3030 pto select problem

/ kubota b3030 pto select problem #1  

outbackjoe

posted this in the wrong forum first.

I have a kubota b3030. it has a select lever to select mid, rear, or mid+rear pto. i can select mid and mid+rear, but cant select rear only. it appears the lever will not go far enough back to engage the rear only setting, and hits the plastic shroud before allowing enough travel.

does anyone know of any adjustments to teh link arm to re-zero the lever?

i don't see anywhere it would be adjustable. the lever moves freely, and can hear click when it aligns in the mid and mid+rear settings. just appears lever needs to travel further back to select rear only.

thanks for any help or suggestions.

/ kubota b3030 pto select problem #2  
Check to see if there is a small screw de-tent in slot like the one on the 3 point height or lower selector.I can't remember that but I had a B3200 with the mid and rear pto.Do you have an operators manual?
DevilDog

/ kubota b3030 pto select problem
there isn't. the lever goes to a rod that connects to the linkage. i do have an operators manual but couldn't find anything about this in there.

/ kubota b3030 pto select problem #4  
I also have the same problem with my B3030. Manual does not provide any help and there are no external linkage adjustments. Presently my B3030 is at the dealer having the cab removed to determine a fix. 2006 B3030 w/300 hours.

/ kubota b3030 pto select problem
i ended up taking off the plastic shroud that cases the pto select, and checked to make sure it would select all 3 positions. it seemed ok, so i put some pressure on the lever in the forward position till it lined up. i didn't use an excess of pressure, and just used my hand. i don't know where the linkage was spinning, but it seemed to work for me, and everything still feels tight.

let me know what the dealer says about the issue. it seemed an easy fix for now, and i don't feel there is a deeper issue. i would like to know what the mechanic says about it. i'm hoping its not a major issue.

/ kubota b3030 pto select problem #6  
Dealer states that the synchronizer was the cause of all my problems. Kubota regional representative ( as a gesture of goodwill) has agreed to pay for the replacement parts ($531.00). Labor is approzimately $1200.00. Synchronizer was replaced with an upgraded version. I will attempt to have Kubota pay the labor costs also. The synchronizer should not have failed at 300 hours and an upgraded replacement indicates a faulty part from the very beginning. Has anyone had any experience dealing with Kubota with a similiar issue? Tractor has 300 hours and is 4.5 years old. Although no longer under warranty, will Kubota stand by their product? Thanks for your replies.

/ kubota b3030 pto select problem #7  
I cant get mine to move at all. for some reason nor will the PTO turn on, when trying to push lever forward????
anybody know what to do to get it working? I don't want to have to take it to dealer cause I can't afford it, for I have no job at this time!!!

/ kubota b3030 pto select problem #9  
any help or suggestion! would be greatly appreciated.

I have 337 hours on my tractor, maintains is done regularly. this is my first issue and it driving me nuts. for I can't understand why this is happening ?
the selector doesn't want to move at all . I guess that's why PTO want turn on? it seem to be stuck between the rear and middle/rear.
is their anyone that could help me fix this problem or suggestions on what to do??????? PLEASE

/ kubota b3030 pto select problem #10  
You are unable to move the PTO on/off lever forward to the "on" position, is that right?

Are you able to move the front/rear/both lever without problem?

With the engine off, can you turn the rear PTO shaft by hand, even just a little bit in each direction?