1974 Power King Transmission

/ 1974 Power King Transmission #1  

waynerr

Tractor
1974 Power King Tractor
Where can I locate a transmission or the transmission shifting forks for my 1974 Power King Tractor. The forks are wore and don't want to shift. Has a tendency to lockup in gear.:( Any help is greatly appreciated.

/ 1974 Power King Transmission #2  
Hello & WELCOME to TBN.

I have moved your thread to the Parts/Repairs Forum. You'll get a better response there. :thumbsup:

/ 1974 Power King Transmission #3  
It can be repaired. You can get used trannys on craigslist but they are pricey. It is a Crosley tanny. There is not a lot of PK guy's on this forum. If you go to this forum "Power King Tractors" on yahoo, those guys know those tractors inside and out and can walk you through repairing it or someone might have some parts around. Or MyTractorForum has some guys who own PKs.

PS, (I am not trying to divert traffic from here, just helping)

/ 1974 Power King Transmission #4  
Waynerr , I have a 1976 Power King and the same thing happened to mine about 12+ years ago. Took the gear shift lever out and brazed the ball back on the end and filed it back into shape and put it back together. Its still mowing 2+ ac here in Ohio.

/ 1974 Power King Transmission #5  
These guys manufacture the BT-92 transmission the Power King uses. They have parts available. I called them looking for components to fix my little Power King's transmission and they told me they have anything that may be needed.

/ 1974 Power King Transmission #6  
These guys manufacture the BT-92 transmission the Power King uses. They have parts available. I called them looking for components to fix my little Power King's transmission and they told me they have anything that may be needed.

Thanks, Good thing to know, Looks like my power King is going to outlast me.

/ 1974 Power King Transmission #7  

got the answer after reading the location of parts for my t92 transmission, thank you Frak