JD140 tractor not starting

/ JD140 tractor not starting #1  

Justintractor

Tractor
JD L140
Great to hear from the guru's here. Thanks in advance
Heres the deal. I have a JDL140 (LA140) less than 175 hours on it. Just got it back from repairs (not engine related). Started and drove fine onto the flatbed and backed off fine at home. Then I put the brake on, while still running to move something to park it and it quit. Since then I haven't been able to restart. Never had any engine problems before. It will crank over fine but doesn't start. I removed the air filter, put a small amount of gas in and it started but ran about 10 seconds. The fuel filter is clear and I can see its mostly full of gas.
What would you all do? I am somewhat mechanical, not on your levels so I may need more specific instructions.

thanks all!

/ JD140 tractor not starting #2  
From being sloshed around on the truck while driving, and then tilting at an angle on the ramp, you probably sucked up some debris in the bottom of the fuel tank into the carburetor. Odds are you will need to take the carb apart and clean out the jets and venturi and float bowl to clear the debris.

/ JD140 tractor not starting
Could be, but it was a fully inclosed clean trailer. A short ride. And a small ramp on to the ground that I just backed out on. But I'll check it out none the less.
In case that isn't it, any other steps I could take?

/ JD140 tractor not starting #4  
Make sure you have fuel flow out of the tank. Check for fuel lever turned off, Fuel in the tank.

/ JD140 tractor not starting
Fixed! At least for now. I took an air hose and blew out the lines. The hose past the fuel filter was the problem. So for now I am back in business!
Thanks all for the help. Alot of good knowledge and people on here!