Engine Locked

/ Engine Locked #1  

memotract

Tractor
Ford 6610
In the process of doing something dumb with my Ford 6610 2 wheel drive tractor (trying to remove a tree stump with a box blade going forward at low speed & hi revolution) the tractor started blowing smoke/steam from bottom tube, I drove it 10' while engine kept loosing power and then turned tractor off thinking it was on fire. After letting it cool for 10 minutes, I tried to start tractor and engine did not turn, it made a loud noise. I turned tractor off and put it in neutral and let it rolled down hill to a flat spot.

Please provide information on the above issue, your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

/ Engine Locked #2  
The steam/smoke sounds like a blown headgasket, or possibly cracked head. Not turning over sounds like hydro-lock.

The loud noise..?? Maybe turned over enough, until the piston came up against the coolant in the cylinder, with valves closed. You cannot compress a liquid, but you can bend connecting rods...

/ Engine Locked #3  
Sounds about right? Don't use the starter to turn the engine..Check for interferance in revolving, possible bent rod.? Maybe ?

/ Engine Locked #4  
Classic symptoms of a blown engine. Probably head gasket. Could also be that the injectors were way out of whack and you burned a hole in the piston. That usually won't result in a lock. Operating at full load with low coolant or a blocked radiator will do just that. Blow a gasket, crack a head, expand pistons from the heat until they friction weld to the cylinder walls.

Sorry. it sounds bleak to me.

/ Engine Locked #5  
Ford, you left out using a lot of ether to repeat starting of tractor engine.I saw a Case hammered to pieces inside, Ether bent and destroyed all the internals, big holes in pistons and offset the rods....Not mine...

/ Engine Locked #6  
I was cutting hay the 6610 on our farm and the crankshaft just broke for no reason, the tractor stayed running. It broke right in a main bearing, could not tell it was broke by looking.

/ Engine Locked
Thank you all for the comments, they confirm what the tractor mechanic was saying, tractor on the way to the shop.......thanks once again