Gantry crane - harbor freight ?

/ Gantry crane - harbor freight ? #1  

Code54

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5100, Kubota BX25D,1957 Farmall Cub Lo-Boy Kubota KX91-3, BCS 853
Dose anyone know anything about, or own, the Harbor freight gantry crane? I wouls like a small crane like this for the shop and with the coupon it is about $600 with tax so it is in my budget. Is there any others out there around this price range?
Telescoping Gantry Crane
Thanks

/ Gantry crane - harbor freight ? #2  
I have had that one about a year. Its very useful in the shop. No issues with its quality.
larry

/ Gantry crane - harbor freight ? #3  
same here. haven't had it for a year yet but I have it. I think it's under spec'd. Looks to me like it would hold more than 1 ton. Very solidly built. Do NOT buy the two ton dolly from HF though. Despite their insistence it will fit this gantry it will NOT. It's made to fit a wider I-beam. The 1-ton dolly fits perfectly.

/ Gantry crane - harbor freight ?
Thanks! For the $ it looks pretty decent and around here I can't find anyone else that sells one. I keep thinking about building one but right now I have about 500 hrs of home projects and not enough to complete them to building the crane seems like too much...

/ Gantry crane - harbor freight ? #5  
It looks like if you buy it today (if they let you since it's out of stock) you can get 25% off, not sure how much chipping is or if they do site to store shipping for free but that's a little over $500.

/ Gantry crane - harbor freight ? #6  
Dose anyone know anything about, or own, the Harbor freight gantry crane? I wouls like a small crane like this for the shop and with the coupon it is about $600 with tax so it is in my budget. Is there any others out there around this price range?
Telescoping Gantry Crane
Thanks

I have one. It's OK. Use it to remove engine from my 1951 Minneapolis Moline BF tractor that I'm restoring

DSCF0047 (Small).JPG

I made 4 slide-in outriggers to stabilize the crane during movement.

/ Gantry crane - harbor freight ? #7  
I have one. It's OK. Use it to remove engine from my 1951 Minneapolis Moline BF tractor that I'm restoring

View attachment 220021

I made 4 slide-in outriggers to stabilize the crane during movement.
That looks like a different crane than HF. A previous model?
larry

/ Gantry crane - harbor freight ? #8  
I'd buy the HF gantry crane in a heartbeat IF the interior width was about 106" instead of just 94". I want to be able to fit a trailer under it to load. Can't do it as it stands.
I keep meaning to look into the cost of a longer I beam for the top.
But then I figure it might be just as well to build the whole thing from scratch if I have to modify it.

/ Gantry crane - harbor freight ? #9  
Reviving this thread looking for the lowest price WITHOUT COUPON you've seen for the 1 Ton Telescoping Gantry Crane in the last year.

Example - I needed a small winch, bought their 2.5 K for $80 - 25% off coupon. Three days later it went on sale for $60. I could have saved $15 :(

It seems the 1 Ton Telescoping Gantry Crane is always on sale for about $660-$700. Has anyone seen it for $600?

Just trying to get the best price, I don't need it immediately but I've determined my exercise equipment needs upgrading from just a 2 ton hoist strapped to the beam in one of my workshops. It seems I'm playing with bigger toys and it's real handy to be able to hook a 1,300 lb planer up to a hoist to slide it to the back of the truck within forklift reach.

So what's the best price you've seen?