1958 Ford Workmaster PLEASE HELP

/ 1958 Ford Workmaster PLEASE HELP #1  

Anonymous Poster

PLease help! Im so frustrated! My tractor was running fine and I shut it off as normal. A few days later it would not start ! I have replaced the battery, coil, points and rotor and distributor cap. I have spark at the points no spark at the plugs. Go figure. It cranks. I cleaned the carb..too. Any advice would be so appreciated /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ 1958 Ford Workmaster PLEASE HELP #2  
New plug wires? Odd that more than one would quit at the same time though, hmmmm.

/ 1958 Ford Workmaster PLEASE HELP #3  
Here is the best discussion on this model I know of: YTMAG Ford Board.

Do you get spark from the top coil wire? This feeds into the distributor. If you get spark from the coil, but not the plugs, then the problem is in the top end of the distributor. If you get nothing from the coil then the coil is probably bad, or you don't have enough current in the primary circuit. A bad condensor or partial short in the bottom of the distributor could cause serious problems.

/ 1958 Ford Workmaster PLEASE HELP #4  
I just had a similar problem with mt Ferguson (see the thread "My Ferguson Won't Start" in the vintage tractor forum). In my case I tried everything I could, and it turned out to be ice in the carburator. Where are you located, in the COLD north?? That could be it. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ 1958 Ford Workmaster PLEASE HELP #5  
Check for spark at the coil and at the coil wire,(spark at coil but no spark at wire, bad coil wire) if you have no spark at all, take a test light at the side of the coil from the points, have someone crank it, test light should blink on and off if points are working correctly. if not blinking on and off points are not opening and closing properly. if it is blinking the coil is probably bad.
- you shure it has fuel? have you tried giving a shot of either?

/ 1958 Ford Workmaster PLEASE HELP #6  
You didn't list that you replaced the condenser. This would cause you not to have spark. I have had new condensers that were bad.

Larry