NEVER LET A SCHOOL SHOP FIX ANYTHING

/ NEVER LET A SCHOOL SHOP FIX ANYTHING #51  
Quite possibly the kids you are teaching are a product of your generation, you couldn't raise them and now you can't teach them
and now its the publics fault?
You are absolutely correct I am out of touch with reality , I need to lower my standards and accept things as they are.
Do you like the way things are? If you don't why do you think I should.
Maybe the accepted standards are why Japan and China are kicking our butts.
I don't subscribe to the "poor me" B.S.. With some exceptions, most people can be what they want to be, either good or bad if they want it bad enough.
I do think that we as a nation have gotten too far away from the basics of education.
Back to my origional statement: If the Instructor, Manager, Owner or who ever, accepts a job knowing that they are not able to do it correctly.
Who the **** do you think is responsible for the reputation of the shop?
I am pretty sure its not me or the public as a whole.
You, just like me are working where you are for whatever reason and if you don't like your job, move on and I have the same option.
I doubt seriously anybody is going to beg you to stay and someone else will just take your place and probably for less money.
Don't try to bash me because I think that a reputation is the responsibility of the person that created it ( good or bad) and a teachers job to teach.
If you think you have accountability get a job in Industry and it is day to day wheather you will have a job, or have to take a pay cut to
keep it.

Originally Posted by wrenchturner
Just Bill, you are a perfect example of the root cause of the problem with public education today (the public) as I stated earlier. You have your head in the sand thus you really do not have any understanding of today's youth culture.
I do not know how old you are but you certainly give the impression your understanding of the education system today is like it was in the 60's or 70's.
As far as accountability goes, teachers are always under the microscope from parents, administrators, the news media, politicians and of course from people like you that do not have any experience in a modern classroom. Did you read the post from the OP (currently a high school student) on how many students do drugs regularly? What would your workplace be like if 3/4 of the employees showed up high? What would happen if you refused to follow your supervisor's directions? What would happen if you showed up high on dope? What would happen if you played around in the shop?

Yes, teachers do have great accountability. The problem is parents (the public) have no accountability, students have no accountability yet people like you are quick to criticize people like me that persevere in spite of daunting circumstances we have no control over.

wrenchturner, Perhaps you should review the "accountability ladder' before you use big words. Ladder of Accountability — True Blade Systems, Inc. MikeD74t