jd 5210

/ jd 5210 #1  

wlhstb

Tractor
john deere 5210
How do I check the injector pump on a John Deere 5210?

/ jd 5210 #2  
Can I ask what problem it is that you are having? Along with how many hours on your 5210? The injection pump is not something one wants to be trying to fix. Here are some URLs that apply to the 5210, note one of them is the tech. manual on the engine.

Leaking Fuel Cap : Solve a leaky fuel cap on some older 5000 series tractors
Loose Muffler on Some 5000 Tractors : Quick fix for loose mufflers or exhaust leaks on certain 5000 series tractors.
Instrument Panel Fogs Up : Fog forms inside instrument panel on some 5000 series tractors, making it hard to read gauges
Tire Tips for 5000 Tractors : Answers to common questions regarding 5000 series tractor tires
Clutch Slip on 5000 Series Tractors : Learn the importance of checking and maintaining proper clutch alignment
Transmission Creep : Tractor ?creeps? forward with gear lever in neutral
Bucket Cylinders do not Extend Equally : Bucket cylinders and loader quick attach brackets are held in alignment by the timing rod.
Mechanical Front Wheel Drive tire recommendations for best performance
Model Year of 5000 Series Tractors : What year was my 5000 series tractor built?
Bent Cylinder Rods : Follow these simple steps to prevent bending hydraulic cylinder rods
Front End Noise : Gear backlash causes noise on 5000 series tractors

This is a John Deere manual on the engine.
http://www.visaevolution.com/dati_sito/manuali/officina/motori/john deere/ctm125-3029-ENG.pdf

John Deere parts
John Deere - Parts Catalog
If you sign up on this site, you can get prices and availability at a John Deere dealer https://jdparts.deere.com/servlet/com.deere.u90.jdparts.view.publicservlets.HomeUnsigned

/ jd 5210
The 5210 has about 3000 hrs. The tech manual you posted would not open. Since my last post, found one fuse blown, replaced it and blew again. I need help determining what this fuse protects and why it blows.

/ jd 5210 #4  
I was able to download the tech. manual. If you would send me a private message with your e-mail address or post it I will e-mail you a copy. Which fuse is blowing?

On a wild guess I think the following is your problem. This is a problem some of the 3029D engines are having. I have also posted a wiring diagram for the 5210.

I believe the problem is the temperature sensor. On the thermostat housing there is a temperature sensor that is connected to a two wire harness that goes to the injection pump, this is the "cold start advance" portion of the system so it starts easier when cold by advancing the timing. If you disconnect the sensor and it works fine ohm the sensor, probably shorted.

The sensor on the thermostat housing, controls the advance on the inj. pump. When it fails it shorts out and blows the fuse. Try unplugging it, replace fuse and see if it starts and runs. The part # is RE503242, if you are quick changing it, you don't have to drain the coolant, just make sure it's not hot at the time.

Last edited:
   / jd 5210
The fuel solenoid fuse is the one that blew

/ jd 5210 #7  
Have you been successful in getting your tractor starter? Did you try what I suggested? It will not hurt to try and if you check other posts on this you will find it resolved their problem.

I have the tech. manual and will look up things if you would like.

Last edited: