Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    Default Farmall M

    We are having solenoid problem with dads Farmall M tractor... we just got one for it last year and already need to replace it, I was wondering if anyone has a parts manual to one of these and could tell me what is the correct solenoid for this tractor. I'm thinking that we are not ending up with the right one for them to last about 3 months ....
    Thanks for anyones time
    Angel

  2. #2
    Veteran Member kevinj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,322
    Location
    West MI
    Tractor
    BX-1860, L3940HSTC, B7500, Farmall M, Farmall 560D

    Default Re: Farmall M

    Quote Originally Posted by angel in ME View Post
    We are having solenoid problem with dads Farmall M tractor... we just got one for it last year and already need to replace it, I was wondering if anyone has a parts manual to one of these and could tell me what is the correct solenoid for this tractor. I'm thinking that we are not ending up with the right one for them to last about 3 months ....
    Thanks for anyones time
    Angel
    Farmall M does not have solenoid. If it does the wiring has been messed up
    Kevin

    BX1860, mower, snowblower - B7500HST, FEL, Bush Hog - Grand L3940 HSTC, FEL, snowblower, 6' Landpride brush hog, 6' King Kutter tiller, Corn Pro 18+5 Fifth Wheel, 1950 Farmall M, Farmall 560D

  3. #3

    Default Re: Farmall M

    Hmmm ... somebody must have rigged it this way ... it has a switch with 2 little wires on the end of it... push it in to start it... I wonder what the purpose was for doing this to it... thanks
    Respectively
    Angel

  4. #4
    Veteran Member kevinj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,322
    Location
    West MI
    Tractor
    BX-1860, L3940HSTC, B7500, Farmall M, Farmall 560D

    Default Re: Farmall M

    Quote Originally Posted by angel in ME View Post
    Hmmm ... somebody must have rigged it this way ... it has a switch with 2 little wires on the end of it... push it in to start it... I wonder what the purpose was for doing this to it... thanks
    Respectively
    Angel
    Has it been converted to 12 volts???
    Kevin

    BX1860, mower, snowblower - B7500HST, FEL, Bush Hog - Grand L3940 HSTC, FEL, snowblower, 6' Landpride brush hog, 6' King Kutter tiller, Corn Pro 18+5 Fifth Wheel, 1950 Farmall M, Farmall 560D

  5. #5

    Default Re: Farmall M

    It does work off a 12 volt battery... my farther said that it has always been like this since he has owned it.

  6. #6
    Veteran Member kevinj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,322
    Location
    West MI
    Tractor
    BX-1860, L3940HSTC, B7500, Farmall M, Farmall 560D

    Default Re: Farmall M

    Quote Originally Posted by angel in ME View Post
    It does work off a 12 volt battery... my farther said that it has always been like this since he has owned it.
    No one can tell you what parts are needed as someone has changed the wiring and controls to something other than what it was built for.

    Pictures may help or have a local tractor mechanic have a look at it.
    Kevin

    BX1860, mower, snowblower - B7500HST, FEL, Bush Hog - Grand L3940 HSTC, FEL, snowblower, 6' Landpride brush hog, 6' King Kutter tiller, Corn Pro 18+5 Fifth Wheel, 1950 Farmall M, Farmall 560D

  7. #7
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    55
    Location
    Northern Colorado
    Tractor
    1953 Farmall Super M

    Default Re: Farmall M

    You should just have a switch like this with a battery cable coming from the battery and then another to the post on the starter. This is a crude wiring diagram with the switch and here's a better one with out the switch. Does it have a 12v generator or a alternator?
    Lincoln 400-SAE Gas Powered Welder
    Forney 225AMP AC Welder
    1953 Farmall Super M Duals Wide Front 3pt
    1951 McCormick-Deering WD6
    1949 Case LA
    19522 Allis-Chalmers TL-10 Tracto-Loader

    Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from a lot of bad judgment. -Anonymous

Similar Threads

  1. Farmall vs. International markings
    By Randy B in forum Farmall Vintage Tractors
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-10-2010, 07:20 AM
  2. 42' Farmall A
    By JJKy. in forum Parts/Repairs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-20-2009, 05:27 PM
  3. Succesful Farming article " The Farmall Returns"
    By Old_Hickory in forum Case-IH
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-20-2004, 11:47 AM
  4. mowers for Farmall A
    By RobertN in forum Ag Tractors & Machinery
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-21-2000, 02:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.