Farmall M

/ Farmall M #1  

angel in ME

We are having solenoid problem with dads Farmall M tractor... we just got one for it last year and already need to replace it, I was wondering if anyone has a parts manual to one of these and could tell me what is the correct solenoid for this tractor. I'm thinking that we are not ending up with the right one for them to last about 3 months ....
Thanks for anyones time
Angel

/ Farmall M #2  
We are having solenoid problem with dads Farmall M tractor... we just got one for it last year and already need to replace it, I was wondering if anyone has a parts manual to one of these and could tell me what is the correct solenoid for this tractor. I'm thinking that we are not ending up with the right one for them to last about 3 months ....
Thanks for anyones time
Angel

Farmall M does not have solenoid. If it does the wiring has been messed up

/ Farmall M
Hmmm ... somebody must have rigged it this way ... it has a switch with 2 little wires on the end of it... push it in to start it... I wonder what the purpose was for doing this to it... thanks
Respectively
Angel

/ Farmall M #4  
Hmmm ... somebody must have rigged it this way ... it has a switch with 2 little wires on the end of it... push it in to start it... I wonder what the purpose was for doing this to it... thanks
Respectively
Angel

Has it been converted to 12 volts???

/ Farmall M
It does work off a 12 volt battery... my farther said that it has always been like this since he has owned it.

/ Farmall M #6  
It does work off a 12 volt battery... my farther said that it has always been like this since he has owned it.

No one can tell you what parts are needed as someone has changed the wiring and controls to something other than what it was built for.

Pictures may help or have a local tractor mechanic have a look at it.

/ Farmall M #7  
You should just have a switch like this with a battery cable coming from the battery and then another to the post on the starter. This is a crude wiring diagram with the switch and here's a better one with out the switch. Does it have a 12v generator or a alternator?