Looking for a pillow black bearing - Can anyone aim me in the right direction?

/ Looking for a pillow black bearing - Can anyone aim me in the right direction? #1  

IMCA38

Silver Member
Tractor
MF 1225 w/loader, Case 1840 SS, Ransomes 723D mower
Hi all

I recently blew up the electric clutch in my Ransomes mower :(
Putting it back together with a new clutch and a new PTO shaft which was either a- damaged flying off, or b- bent beofrehand, or c- both.
There is a 1" intermediate shaft mounted on two pillow block bearings. This is fed by a coupler from the engine and the opposite end has the electric clutch feeding the PTO to the deck.
I decided to take this shaft out and have it checked by a machinist friend of mine to make sure it was OK as well. After checking, he found it was within .005 or better so we decided thats probably close enough. Problem is that one of the pillow blocks was stuck on the shaft and I broke the casting trying to press it off.
I went to Surplus Center and got two new ones. Now I discover that the bore thickness is 1.339" and the old ones were about 1.1".
This added thickness pushes the end pulley too close to the engine so the coupler won't fit.
Looking at the old bearing, the insert says [ FAFNIR YA100/R ]
The remaining specs: 1" bore, 1.437" height to center of bore, 4.134" between mount holes, 5.512" length at base, w/ 3/8" (or 10MM ) mounting bolts.
Can anyone point me where to find a couple of these?

Thanks!

/ Looking for a pillow black bearing - Can anyone aim me in the right direction? #3  
I would try an industrial supply place, there is always one in the industral district. The sort of places that carry some tools, abrasives, pullys, belts, bearings, and shop equipment.

/ Looking for a pillow black bearing - Can anyone aim me in the right direction? #4  
Try Grainger,MSC, E-Bay

/ Looking for a pillow black bearing - Can anyone aim me in the right direction? #5  
Try baileys.net the hydraulic and parts business. I received a couple of pillow block bearings from them last week. Tractor Supply has a limited selection in stock.

/ Looking for a pillow black bearing - Can anyone aim me in the right direction? #6  
I would try an industrial supply place, there is always one in the industral district. The sort of places that carry some tools, abrasives, pullys, belts, bearings, and shop equipment.

What Deereman said... :thumbsup:

Grainger, TSC etc have gone to a lot of imports of lesser quality, IMHO. A local industrial supplier is more likely to have quality stuff as they service accounts long term. They may carry both el-cheapo and better, but at least you would have options.

/ Looking for a pillow black bearing - Can anyone aim me in the right direction? #7  
What Deereman said... :thumbsup:

Grainger, TSC etc have gone to a lot of imports of lesser quality, IMHO. A local industrial supplier is more likely to have quality stuff as they service accounts long term. They may carry both el-cheapo and better, but at least you would have options.

That's why I posted the link for the OP: The Big Bearing Store About Us