Cooling system problem on JD755

/ Cooling system problem on JD755 #1  

Pushrod_Paul

Tractor
John Deere 755 mfwd JD 450B Crawler Dozer
Since the hive offered such great answers to my hydrolic leak problem, maybe y'all can give me some ideas on this problem:

On my JD755 I have been having problems for a couple of seasons now with the cooling system. When I run the tractor in the summer time heat and then shut it down after working it an hour or so, steam will shoot out from the overhflow tube and around the radiator cap.

I pulled the thermostat and tested it in hot water and it opens like it should. I also purchased an overflow container system that is suppose to catch the escaping steam and condense it in the container and draw it back in when cool.

It seems to work for the most part, but it keeps blowing holes in the clear plastic line near where it enters the radiator cap pressure releaf outlet (I know I'm not using all the correct terms here). I've replaced the radiator cap and only use a 50/50 mix of coolant. There are a lot of hours on this tractor. I did change out the coolant about 2 years ago but didn't do a real comprehensive flush.

So the steam must be coming out super hot and under quiet a bit of pressure to be causing this.

Anyone ever experience a problem like this before?

Last edited:
   / Cooling system problem on JD755 #2  
I would check two things right off. The cap and the pump. The cap for pressure and the pump for flow if the ga is reading hot when she blows I assume the sender,ga. and the ga. wiring are good you tested the T-stat so that does not leave much more, oh yes one more thing how about a clogged Radiator screen or Radiator maybe it needs to be rodded out ? Paul