Mahindra 2815 hst differential lock

/ Mahindra 2815 hst differential lock #1  

ThomasKibbee

Tractor
Mahindra 2815 hst
Hi, my diff lock does not lock, the cog gear that engages the differential is apparently worn. Does anybody know the step by step method of replacing this?

/ Mahindra 2815 hst differential lock #2  
I would first make sure there is nothing apparently wrong with the pedal/linkage. Don't know if you have tried engaging it while the tractor is moving and get the "click,click, click" like it's not engaging...which it isn't...or if possibly you are getting this all the time when you stop the tractor, engage the pedal then take off again? Point being...always stop the tractor before engaging the diff lock.

If the lock is worn, the differential will have to be disassembled to repair it. In the diagram, part #13 is the lock sleeve and most likely what is worn if this is indeed the issue. The first thing I would recommend is getting a service manual to help with this and any future issues. You can look at parts diagrams here http://www.mahindrapartsplus.com/pages/OemParts?aribrand=MHD and looking at the rear end...it sure looks like it was made by Mitsubishi....or it's a very good copy of their design. I know the 15/16 series tractors had Mitsubishi engines but after seeing the parts diagram, I wonder if they made some of the drivetrain components too? The 2815's differential looks pretty much identicle to a Mitsubishi MT300's....I really can't find a single difference between the 2815's diagram and my Mitsubishi manual.

Attachments

• 2815.gif
    2815.gif
    12.7 KB · Views: 640