2005 Briggs and Stratton intek 20hp

/ 2005 Briggs and Stratton intek 20hp #1  

Prescott Norm

Tractor
John Deere L111 2005
Hi,

Very frustrated with my Deere L111. Just spent over 200 dollars trying to fix this engine. It started at about 100 operating hours and now at 162. Bought this Deere used with only 40 hours and worked great up to about 100 hours. I was mowing for about an hour when it choked sputtered and quit. Restarted it and had to use choke full on to nurse it back to the house. First repair found dirt and garbage in fuel lines and in the filter. Cleaned it out but still having problems. Next repair was to use B12 in fuel and change fuel pump. Worked for about 30 minutes and same problem. Next repairman came and again cleaned lines, new filter and pump again..... good grief !!! Yesterday I ran it for about an hour. Not an easy task as I had to restart over and over, use different running speeds (throttle) and combination of chokes. This morning it wont ever start. Thought about the gas cap being clogged so I have also tried to run the tractor with cap slightly
open so the tank does not build up a vacuum in it. That isn't it either. HELP
PLEASE !!!!

Norm

/ 2005 Briggs and Stratton intek 20hp #2  
Possible intermittent problem with the afterfire solenoid

/ 2005 Briggs and Stratton intek 20hp
Man, you must be sitting at your computer same as me. When you mention that do you mean the fuel cutoff up front by the exhaust ports? Because I have had that question lingering in the back of my head since the problem seems to happen normally when operating temp is high.

Norm