Ford 550 BH Thanks For The Advice

/ Ford 550 BH Thanks For The Advice #1  

moreyel

Tractor
Int'l 441, Farmall Cub, David B rown Tractor,Ferguson 8N, Ford 550 backhoe n Ford 8N
When I asked for advice on buying an under $5000.00 backhoe 1500 miles from home, some of you made it clear I could find one much closer to home. You were so right. I brought home my Ford 550 today that I paid $3000 for. Yeah, it needs some work, but nothing I cant handle. Can anyone tell who has a good parts supply for these? New and Used. It looks like I'll buy a shop manual from ebay. How about number identification help? I'ts only for use around the ranch, so I'm not gonna be racking up hours on it, but I'd like to get it fixed up as close to stock as possible.

/ Ford 550 BH Thanks For The Advice #2  
You should be able to get new parts from a New Holland dealership. I have a 555A TLB and so far what few parts I have needed they either had or could order. I needed a new muffler for it a few weeks back. I searched online and found prices. I walked into the local New Holland dealership and they had one on their shelf for about $12 more than I could have ordered it for so I got it there.