Yanmar L series 9hp diesel

/ Yanmar L series 9hp diesel #1  

beambeam

Tractor
yanmar l90ae-de
I have a 9hp electric start yanmar single cylinder diesel.When i move the throttle a little the engine revs too high.Could anyone tell me step by step the proper way to set the governor.My main problem is no low idle.The motor stalls out when i go to low idle.I don't want to pull the injector out until i hear from someone who knows more about this than i do

thank you
jim

Last edited:
   / Yanmar L series 9hp diesel #2  
I have a 9hp electric start yanmar single cylinder diesel.When i move the throttle a little the engine revs too high.Could anyone tell me step by step the proper way to set the governor.My main problem is no low idle.The motor stalls out when i go to low idle.I don't want to pull the injector out until i hear from someone who knows more about this than i do

thank you
jim
Welcome to TBN.
Post a few pictures of the motor in question and we can possibley help. Yanmar made a lot of motors and I am familiar with a few but not all of them. Or at least a model # and description like is it air cooled or liquid cooled. :thumbsup:

/ Yanmar L series 9hp diesel
Hi dex3361;
This motor is air cooled the model is yanmar L90AE-DE I have some pictures but am not sure how to post them.

/ Yanmar L series 9hp diesel #4  
Hi dex3361;
This motor is air cooled the model is yanmar L90AE-DE I have some pictures but am not sure how to post them.
Click 'post reply'.......then click 'go advanced' .......then click 'add attachments'..............wait for it to upload.:thumbsup:

Here are some pics.

Attachments

• P8130146.jpg
    P8130146.jpg
    550.9 KB · Views: 2,322
  • P8130147.jpg
    P8130147.jpg
    533.4 KB · Views: 645
  • P8130148.jpg
    P8130148.jpg
    658.7 KB · Views: 900
  • P8130149.jpg
    P8130149.jpg
    548.8 KB · Views: 756
   / Yanmar L series 9hp diesel #6  
Just curious but is that motor hard to start with the pull cord? Does it have a compression release to aid in starting? Thanks!

It has electric start.And does have a pressure release.

/ Yanmar L series 9hp diesel #8  
Send me a pm with your Email address and i will send you a set of PDF service manuals for your motor. It covers hoe to adjust the governor. TBN does not allow files to be sent through the PM system. :thumbsup:

/ Yanmar L series 9hp diesel #9  
I just making this post to publicly thank Randall (dex3361) for helping me (through private messges) find the service manual for my L90AE-DE engine (experiencing the same governor problem as described above). This is a great forum! Not only are their nice & knowledgable folks (like Randall), who are willing and able to help you, but the service manual PDF is actually downloadable from this site! I might have eventually stumbled across it ... but Randall saved me a lot of anguish and eyestrain in pointing it out. Thanks a million, Randall!

/ Yanmar L series 9hp diesel #10  
Hi, I have the same problem with my Yanmar! Can you tell me how to adjust the governor please. I realise the this engine won't idle as it is a generator version but it is running too high and when I try to slow it dow it stops!