Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    yanmar l90ae-de

Default Yanmar L series 9hp diesel

I have a 9hp electric start yanmar single cylinder diesel.When i move the throttle a little the engine revs too high.Could anyone tell me step by step the proper way to set the governor.My main problem is no low idle.The motor stalls out when i go to low idle.I don't want to pull the injector out until i hear from someone who knows more about this than i do

thank you
    jim
    Last edited by beambeam; 08-13-2011 at 01:58 PM.

Tractor
    Kubota L4400-1 HST,FEL, 3x3 remotes, TNT. BX1500 54 mmm

Default Re: Yanmar L series 9hp diesel

Quote Originally Posted by beambeam View Post
    I have a 9hp electric start yanmar single cylinder diesel.When i move the throttle a little the engine revs too high.Could anyone tell me step by step the proper way to set the governor.My main problem is no low idle.The motor stalls out when i go to low idle.I don't want to pull the injector out until i hear from someone who knows more about this than i do

thank you
    jim
    Welcome to TBN.
    Post a few pictures of the motor in question and we can possibley help. Yanmar made a lot of motors and I am familiar with a few but not all of them. Or at least a model # and description like is it air cooled or liquid cooled.
    Randall

1Timothy Chapter 2:
    3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
    4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
    5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Tractor
    yanmar l90ae-de

Hi dex3361;
    This motor is air cooled the model is yanmar L90AE-DE I have some pictures but am not sure how to post them.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Quote Originally Posted by beambeam View Post
    Hi dex3361;
    This motor is air cooled the model is yanmar L90AE-DE I have some pictures but am not sure how to post them.
    Click 'post reply'.......then click 'go advanced' .......then click 'add attachments'..............wait for it to upload.
    Don

MF GC2400, FEL, 60in.MMM, 5ft. Cultivator, Single Bottom Plow, Bush Hog RTC48 tiller, MF 2360 front mount snowblower, 5ft backblade. BXpanded Piranha toothbar.

Tractor
    yanmar l90ae-de

Here are some pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yanmar L series 9hp diesel-p8130146-jpg   Yanmar L series 9hp diesel-p8130147-jpg   Yanmar L series 9hp diesel-p8130148-jpg   Yanmar L series 9hp diesel-p8130149-jpg  

Tractor
    2001 John Deere 790 4x4, bar tires

Just curious but is that motor hard to start with the pull cord? Does it have a compression release to aid in starting? Thanks!
    Nothing could be finer than riding my JD790 in South Carolina!!

2001 John Deere 790 4x4 with Model 70 FEL, 5ft International World Agritech bush hog, 5ft Wallberg BB, 5ft Frontier disc harrow, 5ft King Kutter II Rototiller, 5 1/2ft Cultipacker, 5ft Sitrex finish mower, Leinbach PHD with 9" & 12" augers, Leinbach middlebuster, Leinbach #11 Field Cultivator, custom 3pt handi-hitch, clamp on bucket forks, Pat's Easy Change.

It's not how slow you mow... it's how well you mow slow!!

Tractor
    yanmar l90ae-de

It has electric start.And does have a pressure release.

Tractor
    Kubota L4400-1 HST,FEL, 3x3 remotes, TNT. BX1500 54 mmm

Send me a pm with your Email address and i will send you a set of PDF service manuals for your motor. It covers hoe to adjust the governor. TBN does not allow files to be sent through the PM system.
    Randall

1Timothy Chapter 2:
    3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
    4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
    5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Tractor
    Yanmar

I just making this post to publicly thank Randall (dex3361) for helping me (through private messges) find the service manual for my L90AE-DE engine (experiencing the same governor problem as described above). This is a great forum! Not only are their nice & knowledgable folks (like Randall), who are willing and able to help you, but the service manual PDF is actually downloadable from this site! I might have eventually stumbled across it ... but Randall saved me a lot of anguish and eyestrain in pointing it out. Thanks a million, Randall!

Tractor
    Massey fergusson

Hi, I have the same problem with my Yanmar! Can you tell me how to adjust the governor please. I realise the this engine won't idle as it is a generator version but it is running too high and when I try to slow it dow it stops!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast