deere 2020 fuel in oil

/ deere 2020 fuel in oil #1  

copr1055

Tractor
deere 2020
I have 4 cyl deere 2020 recently purchased. when i got it, after sitting for about 6 years, I changed the oil and when draining about 4 gallons came out of oil drain, with a strong smell of diesel fuel. changed the oil and put new oil in (7 Qts) after about maybe 10 hours of operation it is about 1/2-3/4 quart high and again smells of diesel fuel. I cannot find anything on adjusting fuel pump for a rich running machine, or is my problem more serious where i need to redo some cylinders??

/ deere 2020 fuel in oil #2  
I had a similar problem with my JD 820 several years ago. If I recall correctly, there was a diaphragm in the fuel pump that ruptured, allowing fuel to enter the engine block. I replaced the fuel pump and the problem was solved.

/ deere 2020 fuel in oil #3  
Lift pump !

/ deere 2020 fuel in oil
thanks for all the advice, i will investigate both potential solutions, thanks again Roy

/ deere 2020 fuel in oil #6  
G'day most common cause of fuel in oil have both been mentioned

1. Lift pump ( or prime pump as you lot call it:D)

2. Front seal on the injector pump

Hope it is No 1 for you as this is alot cheaper and easier than 2. Good luck and let us know how you get on

Jon

/ deere 2020 fuel in oil
Thanks Jon, will do

/ deere 2020 fuel in oil #8  
G'day most common cause of fuel in oil have both been mentioned

1. Lift pump ( or prime pump as you lot call it:D)

2. Front seal on the injector pump

Hope it is No 1 for you as this is alot cheaper and easier than 2. Good luck and let us know how you get on

Jon

I had a Cummins engine that did the same thing, only it was a bad (internal)leaking injector.

/ deere 2020 fuel in oil
Replaced gasket and fuel lift but did not fix the problem, another forum a guy talked about replacing a diaphragm in the fuel pump?? This sound logical to anyone?

/ deere 2020 fuel in oil #10  
Depending on type inj pump umbrella seals(parts key #21) on inj pump drive shaft need replacing. While inj pump is off check bronze bush(parts key #20) in inj pump for wear.

Attachments

• T17093_________UN01JAN94.gif
    T17093_________UN01JAN94.gif
    9.1 KB · Views: 942