Massey Ferguson MF 50

/ Massey Ferguson MF 50 #1  

Anton de Wit

Tractor
MF 50
Does any one have service and repair information on a MF 50 front end loader tractor

/ Massey Ferguson MF 50
picture of MF 50

Attachments

• MF50.jpg
    MF50.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 7,888
   / Massey Ferguson MF 50
thanks for the reply but it does not match the photo , i think it is a Backhoe loader tractor MF 50 C type ..

/ Massey Ferguson MF 50 #5  
thanks for the reply but it does not match the photo , i think it is a Backhoe loader tractor MF 50 C type ..
Being yellow, yours would probably be an industrial model. Such as that used by construction companies and/or state highways.

I'm unsure how many differences there would be other than paint color.

But the SSB link I posted does cover the TLB model.

/ Massey Ferguson MF 50 #7  
That looks like a pretty vintage machine, 60's?

This is the factory parts site, sign in as a guest. publications too, just at the bottom of the sign in as guest box. AGCO Parts Books

http://www.agcopartsbooks.com/PartsBooksN/Viewer/Default.aspx? this may not go, you might have to sign in first for the second link.

I have a 50H backhoe loader 1990 made in England. The factory shop manual that cost $100 is about as useless a bunch of paper as I've ever seen. Telly me what kind of steel something is made out of but not how it works. Parts book is the same, just frustrating as **** trying to figure it out.

/ Massey Ferguson MF 50 #8  
Being yellow, yours would probably be an industrial model. Such as that used by construction companies and/or state highways.

I'm unsure how many differences there would be other than paint

Quite a bit.....Massey Ferguson 50 industrial was part of the "DX" series built in mid 60's through mid 70's. MF50 AG model was built in late 50's through early 60's....two different animals altogether.

Last edited:
   / Massey Ferguson MF 50 #9  
Quite a bit.....Massey Ferguson 50 industrial was part of the "DX" series built in mid 60's through mid 70's. MF50 AG model was built in late 50's through early 60's....two different animals altogether.

A MF industrial tractor from that era has the standard Perkins power.....but the tractor itself is a MUCH heavier unit than the equivalent agri tractor....they were designed to be used as loaders and backhoes on construction sites. It should have things like diff lock and extra heavy duty front end.

We have a MF 30 and a MF 50 C on the farm.......they were both originally modified when new for full time logging by a local welding shop with heavy duty headache racks, belly pan, engine shields, big rice-n-cane tires, and strengthened 3pt hitch.

Extremely tough, powerful units that are a complete headache to work on...............

ours look similar to this unit......but without all the extra weights and rust
http://www.tractorhouse.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=5489370&

/ Massey Ferguson MF 50 #10  
I knew you would show up eventually. In post number 6, I'm pretty sure thats the manual he needs, is that the correct one?