What's this??

/ What's this?? #1  

Iplayfarmer

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1215, Case 801B
I'm thinking of building an amphibious tractor...

Okay, not really; but by saying so I've convinced myself that my question about a really odd boat propeller is not too far out of place. There are enough geniuses here that know a lot about a lot and maybe I can get some help on this one.

I got this propeller in a pallet of parts I bought at a boat shop liquidation auction (See picture below). I want more information about it, but I have no idea where to start looking. I don't even know what to call it for a google search.

What is it? What's the purpose of the innovative design?

Attachments

• P1010013.JPG
    P1010013.JPG
    379.7 KB · Views: 297
   / What's this?? #2  
I don't know that it's a "propeller", in as much as it looks like an "impeller" to me. Since it came from a boat shop, maybe the impeller off of a jet drive?

/ What's this??
I don't know that it's a "propeller", in as much as it looks like an "impeller" to me. Since it came from a boat shop, maybe the impeller off of a jet drive?

Yep. That's it!! Now I can build my amphibious tractor with a jet propulsion system. ;)

/ What's this?? #4  
I would agree, it’s some sort of impeller. I’ve never seen one from a jet motor, but that would make sense

/ What's this?? #5  
It is the "screw" from a tiny unmanned submarine... ;)

Better hide it before "they" come looking for you... :D:D:D

David

/ What's this?? #6  
Spent some time around the lake/river when I was a kid and rode in a few jet boats... Never saw one tore down but it sure looks like a "water screw" of some type to me! ;)

/ What's this?? #7  
Maybe a corkscrew for digging up crawfish?

/ What's this?? #8  
One more vote for water jet impeller

/ What's this?? #9  
It's the loader mechanism from a Flux Capacitor. They put one on a train and a Delorean, why not a tractor. :):):)

/ What's this?? #10  
Nope, it did not come from a boat jet unit. It looks to be feed impeller for some type of equipment. I worked on jet units for years, and this one has too many threads for water. "I THINK"...what diameter is it..?