Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX24

Default Front weights for a MF1010

I'm in serious need of adding weight to the front of my SCUT 1010. The manual says you can add up to 150lbs of weight to the front. The factory weights are no longer available.

Anyone know what other brand weights would work or better yet how I can fabricate some or adapt some other material to use as weights?

Not looking for wheel weights if I can help it but that may be an option if anyone has any ideas on those.
    If it isn't broken, fix it anyway!

Machine shop

Silver Member
    Tractor
    MF1010

Default Re: Front weights for a MF1010

Quote Originally Posted by kaferhaus View Post
    I'm in serious need of adding weight to the front of my SCUT 1010. The manual says you can add up to 150lbs of weight to the front. The factory weights are no longer available.

Anyone know what other brand weights would work or better yet how I can fabricate some or adapt some other material to use as weights?

Not looking for wheel weights if I can help it but that may be an option if anyone has any ideas on those.
    I went out and bought current issue MF suitcase weights for mine, and had a tray made for them that bolts onto the front of the tractor frame. You just need to get the back side to match the frame and make the front end the right height to hang the weights on. By the way, mine is wide enough to handle 6 weights, which is around 275 lbs. I had them weld a "floor" in the bottom of the weight tray so I could toss in a chain or two, and I made sure to leave a gap at the bottom of the tray to drain water.