8N, Jubilee sherman

/ 8N, Jubilee sherman #1  

shawty

Tractor
ford 8n
I own a good solid Jubilee tractor. I ran across a 1952 8N a few days ago with a 5' bushhog and boxblade for 1200 bucks. When i went to look at the tractor i was expecting a pile of junk, but to my surprise it was a solid tractor with new back tires and it had a sherman combination transmission in it. Everything works great on the tractor. I was wondering if the sherman would fit in my Jubilee and if so how big of a job would it be to swap out.

/ 8N, Jubilee sherman #2  
Yes, it will fit. The issue is locating and drilling the hole for the Sherman shift lever shaft. Otherwise its pretty much just swapping parts. The Step Up / Step Down transmission was used into the mid-1960's as a dealer installed add-on.

/ 8N, Jubilee sherman #3  
offhand i don't know if the n and naa sherman are the same.. but guess they are as the # 2n7017a is the pn for the input shaft on both the n and naa.. so you'd need to swap the input shaft over if you did the swap.

soundguy

/ 8N, Jubilee sherman #4  
Memory sez the Sherman replaces the input shaft. Course the last (and only) one I did was about 45 years ago.

/ 8N, Jubilee sherman #5  
Geeezzee, don't let a little time fog up the ole memory..How come can remember all this crap I've repaired and where the spare parts are,,,But can't find my .357???

/ 8N, Jubilee sherman #6  
of course it repalces the input shaft.. :) no room otherwise.. :)

soundguy

/ 8N, Jubilee sherman
Thanks! I will hopefully start the swap as soon as this tropical depression stops dropping all this rain. I cant complain because it is needed.