L3410 eLECTRICAL ISSUES? HELPPPP!

/ L3410 eLECTRICAL ISSUES? HELPPPP! #1  

fj40toycruiser

Tractor
99' Kubota L3410
I WAS RUNNING MY TRACTOR (BOTA L3410 HST) THIS WEEKEND AND SHUT I IT OFF FOR LUNCH. I CAME BACK OUT TO CONTINUE ONLY TO FIND THE TRACTOR WOULD JUST MAKE A CLICKING NOISE WITH THE KEY IN THE ON POSITION AND THE GLOW TIMER RELAY WAS "CHATTERING" AS THOUGH THERE WAS SOME TYPE OF INTERMITTENT CONNECTION. BUT WHEN I TURN THE KEY TO START THERE IS NOTHING. I HAVE SINCE CHECKED BATTERY VOLTAGE, MAIN SWITCH AND MOST OF THE RELAYS FOR PROPER FUNCTIONALITY ACCORDING TO THE WSM. THE WSM TROUBLESHOOTING SECTION SAY ALL IS FINE AND THERE SHOULD BE NO PROBLEM. I KNOW ELECTRICAL ISSUES CAN BE OBSCURE BUT IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE THAT HAS SEEN SUCH AN ISSUE. I NEED HELP!!!!! THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

/ L3410 eLECTRICAL ISSUES? HELPPPP! #2  
Have you tried to jump start it? Im thinking its either a badly connected ground wire, loose battery terminals OR, most likely, a dead battery. How old is the tractlr/battery. Just cause it shows 12 volts doesnt mean the battery is good. I have had the same issues before, and it always pointed to a dead or dying battery. When you try to start the unit your asking foe a huge current (load) from the battery.

/ L3410 eLECTRICAL ISSUES? HELPPPP!
Have you tried to jump start it? Im thinking its either a badly connected ground wire, loose battery terminals OR, most likely, a dead battery. How old is the tractlr/battery. Just cause it shows 12 volts doesnt mean the battery is good. I have had the same issues before, and it always pointed to a dead or dying battery. When you try to start the unit your asking foe a huge current (load) from the battery.

I will try jump starting it. Have tried very quickly and dismissed it based on the fact That I keep it on a battery tender when not in use to keep the battery "healthy" Perhaps I did not let the jumping of the battery charge the battery sufficiently to charge it back to where it should be? The tractor is a 99'. I bought it in May of 2011 and have had no problems. The battery was allegedly replaced in the fall of 2010. For what its worth the battery does not look that old. I will have it load tested tomorrow.

Last edited:
   / L3410 eLECTRICAL ISSUES? HELPPPP! #4  
I will try jump starting it. Have tried very quickly and dismissed it based on the fact That I keep it on a battery tender when not in use to keep the battery "healthy" Perhaps I did not let the jumping of the battery charge the battery sufficiently to charge it back to where it should be? The tractor is a 99'. I bought it in May of 2011 and have had no problems. The battery was allegedly replaced in the fall of 2010. For what its worth the battery does not look that old. I will have it load tested tomorrow.

also check the ground where it attaches to the tractor. They tend to get rusty especially if the tractor stays outdoors. I have had to remove boly, sand both terminations and replace bolts in the past. Now days i spray the ends with battery post protector

/ L3410 eLECTRICAL ISSUES? HELPPPP!
Problem found, there was an ohmic ground connection however the connection was not strong enough for the current to flow properly. Thank you for the suggestion, boy do I feel stupid. But I did learn a few things along the way. Either way thanks for the advise