MASSEY 135 HAS NO POWER

/ MASSEY 135 HAS NO POWER #1  

skilesmen

Tractor
MASSEY FERGUSON 135
I bought a Massey Ferguson 135 tractor recently and when I got it home I found it had absolutely no power. I discovered the fuel system was totally polluted. I cleaned the tank, replaced the fuel shut off cock and fuel cap, and both fuel lines going to the filter. I replaced the filter and bled the system. Now the tractor starts on the first crank and idles like a dream but if you try to move the tractor it dies. It sounds to me like when I rev it up it isn't running on more than one cylinder. Also if you try to rev it up for very long it dies. I have bled all the way to the injectors and they all have fuel present but it doesn't seem like very much. It will barely move itself around and dies every 2 minutes. What is wrong with this thing?

/ MASSEY 135 HAS NO POWER #2  
I'd consider replacing the injectors.

/ MASSEY 135 HAS NO POWER #3  
i would make sure the injector pump is getting enough diesel.then i would take the injector pump off and get it checked.then injectors.

/ MASSEY 135 HAS NO POWER #4  
I bought a Massey Ferguson 135 tractor recently and when I got it home I found it had absolutely no power. I discovered the fuel system was totally polluted. I cleaned the tank, replaced the fuel shut off cock and fuel cap, and both fuel lines going to the filter. I replaced the filter and bled the system. Now the tractor starts on the first crank and idles like a dream but if you try to move the tractor it dies. It sounds to me like when I rev it up it isn't running on more than one cylinder. Also if you try to rev it up for very long it dies. I have bled all the way to the injectors and they all have fuel present but it doesn't seem like very much. It will barely move itself around and dies every 2 minutes. What is wrong with this thing?

If the fuel system was that "polluted", it needs a complete cleaning. There is a screen in the banjo fitting where the fuel line connects to the injector pump. It can clog. I'd suggest biting the proverbial bullet and having the injector pump serviced. Any GOOD diesel shop should be familiar with the CAV pumps. Just about every major city will have someone who's an authorized Perkins service center....They'll be VERY familiar with 'em. And while I was at it, go the entire route and have the injectors cleaned/inspected.

/ MASSEY 135 HAS NO POWER #5  
I will mention this because it has happened to me. Be sure the fuel shutoff rod is pushed all the way in. Check that it is not bent and that it is operating the way that it should.

/ MASSEY 135 HAS NO POWER #6  
G'day also check the top of the prime pump, if there is a small cover there take it off and check the gauze screen inside, from the sounds of your fuel system I would say it could be blocked.

Jon

/ MASSEY 135 HAS NO POWER #7  
G,Day skilesman.
If you have just bought the tractor before pump and injectors may i suggest you check the air filters ,if it has a dry /paper element remember there are two one inside the other remove the large one and look inside you will see the smaller one in there about 2 to3 inches in diameter while it is out reach inside and run your fingers around the inside of the rubber intake hose any dust in there may indicate at some time the tractor has been used with less than clean filters or worse a damaged intake hose ,give the intake hose a really good check especially around the back where it is difficult to get to ,make sure it is not split or NOT CORRECTLY FITTED where the hose clamps fit.
It does sound like the governor weights are sticking and if they are there is every chance that the rest of the inside of the pump it not to good either,hope not!
As has been said the fuel pipe from the fuel filter to the rear of the injector pump has a nylon filter inside to get it out first remove the fuel line then use 7/8 ring spanner to undo the large nut and CAREFULLY remove the nut there is a spring and plunger in there be careful you dont loose anything if the filter is a wee bit stuck use a seal pick CAREFULLY and hook it out,give it a wash and refit dont forget the big copper washer.
Happy days
Hutch.:)