Ford 4610 power steering leak

/ Ford 4610 power steering leak #1  

Brarstar

Hey guys new to the forum but have been reading awhile

I have a problem with my power steering. It's leaking like crazy where the arm connects to shaft on the left side of the tractor. I think it's the seals that are in there but I unscrewed the large nut but can't get the arm to come off and seperate from the shaft. Do I need to use a pulled or is there some other type of trick?

Thanks

/ Ford 4610 power steering leak #2  
Hey guys new to the forum but have been reading awhile

I have a problem with my power steering. It's leaking like crazy where the arm connects to shaft on the left side of the tractor. I think it's the seals that are in there but I unscrewed the large nut but can't get the arm to come off and seperate from the shaft. Do I need to use a pulled or is there some other type of trick?

Thanks

Never done the job but they are is splined to the shaft so you'll have to use a puller.The seal is right behind it. Go to the NH web site and go into Parts and look at the parts breakdown. It will help you see how the parts go together.

/ Ford 4610 power steering leak #3  
a 2 jaw puller will pull the sector arm off the shaft.

however.. sounds like the ps pressurized oil is leaking into the regular mechanical sump.. whole column needs help IMHO.

soundguy

/ Ford 4610 power steering leak
Used a puller and it got it off. Had to open from the otherside and took the shaft out and replaced the two o-rings. Put it back together and it's working now. Thanks fellas

/ Ford 4610 power steering leak #5  
sounds like more of a seeping than a gushing I thought was being dscribed earlier.

soundguy

Ya I might have over exaggerated hah. Thanks though!

Also any suggestions for online parts dealers for NH and Ford tractors. Dealers around here are very over priced.

/ Ford 4610 power steering leak #8  
ytmag.com sells lots of parts. all depends on what ya need. hard to beat dealer items on some things, even if you can find a non oe cheaper.. sometimes OE parts are better.

whatcha lookin fer?

Looking for seats for ford 4600 and 4610

Then a turn signal light for my NH TN75FA

Also for future because my friend got a hyd pump for his 3600 for $550 down from the USA and it was 1000+ up here. So I just want to find a good site that I can buy major parts fro. In the future.

/ Ford 4610 power steering leak #10  
many farm stores carry generic seats that fit that common 2 bolt ford pattern on the hyd top cover. 69-99$ USD at many tractor supply stores for a comfy adjustable seat with arm rests in NH/Ford blue with black trim.. :) I have one on my 4600