Kubota L245DT low-high range lever

/ Kubota L245DT low-high range lever #1  

foxwood14

Tractor
Kubota L245DT
I broke the selector lever for the low-high range. I pulled the pin that holds the lever on but it still does not want to come off. Do any of you know about removing the lever?

/ Kubota L245DT low-high range lever #2  
I just finished taking my 245dt apart to replace a pto shaft seal. Very labor intensive. Your high low adustment is not as you would think. It goes through the case and another rod is welded onto the horizintal shaft and collar that you see on the outside of case. My lever was broken off about 10 years ago and was replaced with a small pair of vice grips. Little did I know that they would be on there for ten years. After removing the top of the tractor as well as splitting the tractor today- the high /low was repaired by mig welding a rod and ball where the original broke off. I would suggest you do the same...

/ Kubota L245DT low-high range lever
Thank you for the information. When I couldn't get the collar off the shaft I was puzzled why it had a pin through it. I still don't understand what purpose the pin serves if it doesn't hold the lever and collar on the shaft.