Default Gauges/Meters

In reference to a YM1500.

Can the idiot lights for temp and oil pressure be replaced directly with gauges? If not, what is the procedure if any?

Where can I obtain a new RPM/Hour meter combo gauge?

Tractor
    2001 TN65, 1951 8N Ford

Default Re: Gauges/Meters

This isn't YM 1500 specific but gauges and lights use different sending units. The senders for lights are basically limit switches and the senders for gauges are thermistors, they vary the resistance through the range. If you are going to add gauges you might as well go with mechanical units, they are more dependable.

The photo shows the gauges on my YM1700
    my gauges
    Also check out this thread

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Yanmar 1500D

I put gauges on my 1500D. I use the gauges you can get at any auto supply. You will need the adapter kit that you can get with most of these gauges. However, nothing worked for the temperature gauge. I ended up getting a hydraulic fitting that would thread into the block. Then I drilled it out to accept the temperature sensor and used teh J&W weld for radiator systems. I've had it in place for over a year with no problems.

Larry